Author Topic: Problem in setting up AI in multiplayer games.  (Read 1363 times)

Problem in setting up AI in multiplayer games.
Hi!

I just reinstalled Freespace 2 and I seem to recall being able to use AI pilots as substitutes for humans in the multiplayer dogfights.  When I set up the multiplayer game and go to the ship selection screen, the slots are taken up by AI pilots.  But when I run any of the missions, they are there for a second, and then seem to dissapear (I think they jump out).  Am I doing something wrong?  I want to set up some dogfights to practice.  Thank you!

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Re: Problem in setting up AI in multiplayer games.
Nope, AI always jumps out in dog fights.
Why not try some of the coops for practice? For example STV gauntlet on insane should be tough enough :)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Actually AI always self destruct in dogfights.  You could just make the mission a coop and set all the ships to traitor with a event at the start.  Same thing as a dogfight but no score at the end. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Only ships with the Traitor IFF blow up. So if you're making a mission for a mod you can simply define an IFF identical to Traitor and use that.

It would be fairly trivial to turn off the auto self-destruct if people wanted a flag for that too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]