Author Topic: Notice to Vista users of FSOpen  (Read 1178 times)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Notice to Vista users of FSOpen
If your running FSOpen on Windows Vista, and find some programs are not working correctly (in my case, FRED and the POF veiwers in the DMTools, which were not rendering models correctly), then try setting compatability mode for the programs that are having problems. Vista is quite different to previous windows programs (even XP), so some programs have problems working.

If you are unaware of the compatability feature (i only knew about it becuase of a freind of mine), you can reach it by right clicking on a program and go down to "properties" on the pop-up menu. One of the new tabs in the properties window is "compatability". By setting this menu's options, your in short telling the computer to run as if it was the chosen earlier operating system when running the program.

For my bugs, i found setting it to "XP" and ticking "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition" solved my problems. You may or may not need to try the other ones too if your having different issues.

---

Also, if your running Windows Aero, you may find when you start the game that the game sound starts but you remain on the desktop, orat the pilot choice menu that your mouse is not working. Try alt-tabbing once or twice and the game should work fine.

Hope this help's anyone who was having problems.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.