Author Topic: Error (CTD) in Mission 4 of Freespace2 Campaign in Multiplayer  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Recluse

Error (CTD) in Mission 4 of Freespace2 Campaign in Multiplayer
We were playing mulitplayer COOP in  Part 1 of the Campaign, using the nightly build fs2_open_3_6_10r-20090203_r5063.exe  and 3.6.10 MediaVPs as MOD. When we got to Mission 4, the game crashed with the following errors:

Error: CooPSM1-04.fs2(line 83:
Error: Missing required token: [$camera_pos:]. Found [$Ani Filename: cb_sm1-04_b.ani]  instead.

File: parselo.cpp
Line: 670

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_3_6_10r-20090203_r5063.exe 0045b4cb()

Error: CooPSM1-04.fs2(line 85:
Error: Missing required token: [$camera_pos:]. Found [$Stage Text:]  instead.

Call stack:

Error: CooPSM1-04.fs2(line 86:
Error: Missing required token: [$camera_pos:]. Found [XSTR("A Subspace Portal?]  instead.

Call stack:

Error: CooPSM1-04.fs2(line 88:
Error: Missing required token: [$camera_pos:]. Found [Recon flights in $b Gamma $b Dra]  instead.

Call stack:

Error: CooPSM1-04.fs2(line 90:
Error: Missing required token: [$camera_pos:]. Found [We do not know why the $f Erikso]  instead.

Call stack:

Reproducible when going into MP and picking the mission file itself.  Haven't tried in Single Player.

Anyone else see this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Recluse

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Error (CTD) in Mission 4 of Freespace2 Campaign in Multiplayer
I see the problem.  The command briefing was put into the briefing without removing the ani files and some other command briefing stuff.  Until it's fixed you can try the attached version.  It doesn't show the command briefing stages but it's the best I could do in 5 minutes.   Just put it in your mediavps\data\mission folder.  I'll try to piece a full briefing one together later tonight if someone else doesn't get to it first.

Changed the attachment mission to one with the command briefing changed to a regular briefing.   I'm not great at making briefings but all the necessary info is in there. 

Also fixed a bug with one of the messages coming from Alpha 2 instead of #Alpha 2.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:50:28 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Recluse

Hey, Thanks a lot for this!

BTW, it was us you saw in your post here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,60894.0.html

We saw you try to join but we were already Committed and in the Briefing.  It is amazing how well MP works. Flawless for us (except for the mission specific glitch above).

We are trying to go through the campaign. We are pretty bad so we are going through on EASY so we get the illusion that we are so good that we complete the missions :-)

I wonder if the entire campaign is available as such. We only see the 2 4 mission sets Part1 1 and 2, but maybe the single missions are there as well.

Anyway, thanks for your assistance.  Maybe see you on the server again sometime.

Recluse

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
heh, when playing with more players, the balance is broken and you get respawns in multi, so you endure more... try it out in medium, i'm pretty sure you should be able to handle  :lol:
Signed, me