Author Topic: Issue with the Derelict Campagin Mission: Acceptable Losses  (Read 3334 times)

Issue with the Derelict Campagin Mission: Acceptable Losses
I originally thought this was just a random crash so I let it go.  I stopped playing for awhile.  Now that I'm back from my one week swim meet and have had time to play the mission again it still crashes.  It crashed at different points each time.  I believe it has something to do with the support craft.  I remember it mentioning something about that when the debug build crashed.  I'm attaching my mod.ini though I doubt it has anything to do with it.  I'm also attaching the log file from the debug build.  I'm using the nightly build from the 26th of February IIRC.  I haven't had time to play the mission with the newest nightly build yet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Issue with the Derelict Campagin Mission: Acceptable Losses
I've seen this one myself recently in TBP.  It's caused by using a support ship (or ships) as a ship and allowing support ships in the mission.  When support is called the game crashes. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You used to be able to do that in Retail. The support ship ignore whatever the FREDder has scripted it to do and rearm you if called though so most of the time you'd disable support anyway.

But it shouldn't crash. Mantis it if you haven't already.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

You used to be able to do that in Retail. The support ship ignore whatever the FREDder has scripted it to do and rearm you if called though so most of the time you'd disable support anyway.

But it shouldn't crash. Mantis it if you haven't already.

I've never had to use Mantis before.  Anything I should know that isn't mentioned in the FAQ.  I'm assuming that there isn't a quick way to fix this either.  Short of not calling in a support ship which I should be able to pull off.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I've logged it in Mantis.  Can't believe I didn't put that in there when I ran into it.  Guess I was having an off day.

No no easy way except the support fix.  The only other way would be a copy of the ship used in a .tbm without being flagged as a support ship and then edit the mission to use the copy of that ship.  Sounds harder then it is but you shouldn't have to do it at all.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

I've logged it in Mantis.  Can't believe I didn't put that in there when I ran into it.  Guess I was having an off day.

No no easy way except the support fix.  The only other way would be a copy of the ship used in a .tbm without being flagged as a support ship and then edit the mission to use the copy of that ship.  Sounds harder then it is but you shouldn't have to do it at all.

Thanks for logging it for me.  I registered for Mantis but I have not gotten the confirmation email yet.  Should I still log the bug once I get the confirmation email.  I'll give the mission another go when I have some time and see if the latest nightly build makes a difference.  If I had any skill with programming I'd offer to help but I don't.  I have skills when it comes to repairing/diagnosing computers but programming is just not my forte.

Thanks for the help.  Good to known I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just attach the log to my report.

You should have received the email pretty quickly.  Check your spam filter. 

Just attach the log to my report.

You should have received the email pretty quickly.  Check your spam filter. 

Checked the spam bin and its not in there.  I'm positive I inputted my email address correctly.  Its an @sbcglobal.net email account in case you wondering.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Mantis has a very bad habit of eating emails. I would suggest going over to using HLP's Mantis but I'm reluctant to put even more eggs in that basket. Particularly as Mantis gives me something to do when HLP does go down. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I thought they figured out the reason for the emails getting eaten and fixed that?  Something with the return path not being valid maybe?

Mantis has a very bad habit of eating emails. I would suggest going over to using HLP's Mantis but I'm reluctant to put even more eggs in that basket. Particularly as Mantis gives me something to do when HLP does go down. :D

Should I try re-registering again and see if it works this time?  I might as well set it up for for the next time I hit a bug.