Author Topic: Having some errors  (Read 2174 times)

I lost my original Freespace and Freespace 2 files a while ago, but I recently managed to get FS2 working again, so I followed the instructions to get the new downloader, but when I configured the launcher I got an error, I then found and downloaded the OpenAL program, but when I started the launcher again I got the same error "Launcher must be in the same directory as the binary file you are trying to run". Still it let me set it up and start it anyway, I decided to start with FSport, and selected the FSport-mediavps under the mod tab. When I ran the program and tried to fly a mission, however, I got an error that several ships were not found in the files so the mission might have errors. I decided to abort loading it. Trying to run the launcher again just now, I noticed that the first error no longer showed up, but I still need help.
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
"Launcher must be in the same directory as the binary file you are trying to run".

check that the launcher exe is in the same folder as the freespace exe you are using.

I decided to start with FSport, and selected the FSport-mediavps under the mod tab. When I ran the program and tried to fly a mission, however, I got an error that several ships were not found in the files so the mission might have errors. I decided to abort loading it. Trying to run the launcher again just now, I noticed that the first error no longer showed up, but I still need help.

You need to select FSPort, the FSport-mediavps (and for that matter where applicable MVP) are referenced by the Port mod not the other way round
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Also, make sure you have the FS1 campaign selected in the campaign room.

Oh, and please post an fs2_open.log.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Okay, I got it working (I had the wrong campaign selected, silly me), and I was able to play FSport basically fine, although the game did CTD once during the campaign, but I reloaded it and finished it.

Next I selected Silent Threat Reborn in the mod section, but I got an error message saying that there were 68 errors detected in the vp files, and the program could try to compensate for them if I wanted to go ahead, so I did, but as soon as I started the first mission, it crashed and I got this error:

Can't open model file <S_Rockeye.pof>
ntdll.dll! KiFastSystemCallRet
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12r_INF.exe! <no symbol>
fs2_open_3_6_12r_INF.exe! <no symbol>

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oh, and please post an fs2_open.log.

This will allow us to fix all your problems.

I'm sorry, I don't know what that is

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please read the FAQ stickied here. You know, the thread labeled "READ BEFORE POSTING".

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yes, please read the giant stickied support FAQ.  :p

Okay, I did the stuff it said, and it crashed when it was loading the mission in the debug build (unlike the regular version which let me start the mission then crashed), and it created a file, I think it's the right one, I attached it to this post

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Gah. Bloody ST:R.

Please go to the fsport-str folder. Open the file called mod.ini. Edit the secondarylist entry to use "mediavps_3612" in place of "mediavps". Then try again.

Thanks, that seemed to work! I played the whole campaign just to make sure, though.