Author Topic: All voice acting has been disabled.  (Read 1162 times)

Offline prator

All voice acting has been disabled.
I don't know why, but for some reason if I choose to launch any Freespace game using the FSOpen launcher, I can't get voice acting. In many cases, the voice acting actually does exist (as in Freespace 1's and Freespace 2's original campaigns), but it doesn't play unless I try to run those games using the default executable instead of the launcher. I do have the stu_fs2 file, and I did try playing around with the Simulated Speech options a bit, but nothing seems to be working. Microsoft Sam's voice is really, really annoying to listen to while you're trying not to get blown up by Shivans, so can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

Also, hello to everyone. I've observed the Hard-light.net community for several months now, but this is the first time I've posted on it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: All voice acting has been disabled.
Check you launcher settings under sound and make sure you don't have audio turned off under the features tab audio section. 

Phase 2 run a debug build (select the one ending in D from the launcher) and post the log. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline prator

Re: All voice acting has been disabled.
Thanks, that worked.