Author Topic: Can i make run the Freespace 2 port with german text briefing etc .... ?  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Toru

Can i make run the Freespace 2 port with german text briefing etc .... ?
Hi @all,

first i would like to congrats to your great forum here. I had a lot of trouble with my ATI1xxx. After spend some hours here, it works all fine.
But one thing doesn´t run. I.ve changed the language in the registry for windows XP in german. The result is that i i can read the menu text in german but no briefing text. Briefing text always in englisch. Is there a chance to do this...

I forget to say i, have only the english Freespace 2 version

hope to get an answer

greetings thomas
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:53:53 am by Toru »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: Can i make run the Freespace 2 port with german text briefing etc .... ?
Guten tag, Toru! Thank you for playing FreeSpace Port!

Unfortunately we don't have the text in German. However, if you have a German version of FreeSpace 1, you can hear the voice files. This thread should give you instructions.

If you want to play FreeSpace 2 in German, you will need to find a German copy of FreeSpace 2 (or someone who has one.)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...