Author Topic: Better mouse support  (Read 1056 times)

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
I'm extremely pissed off !!!
I can't believe this game has the same dumb mouse support that FS1 had ! Many games makes the mouse work as a joystick today, The SCP has made great improvements for FS2 and others have made great mods and NOBODY has made an easier task that is to make the mouse work as a joystick? I don't understand it !!!

The keypad sucks to control the ship efficiently, it always did, is fuking stupid the way it works, since FS1, was really hard to master it to finish the game. Is one big irony of this game, great in features and gameplay, but the one thing that will allow you to experience all the game has offered you visually before every mission, won't work as good as the game is. I'm sure this was a big factor for the huge failure when FS2 was released, nobody wanted to play the game like a retard, with the same stupid mouse and keypad functionality, even though the game was improved in almost every way since FS1.

Someone should do something about it. If you want an example download ACE Online and check it out. This game will keep sucking until this is added.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Keyboard is the best way to fly and all you need to excel, whether on multiplayer or on Insane. (Bear in mind that this is up to you, but no one control method - mouse, keyboard, joystick - is inherently better than the rest; they all have advantages.)

However, if you do really want better mouse support, a few scripts have been written to improve mouse handling. I'd probably even upload one, but because you talk about how much the game sucks and is retarded, I suppose you're happy to wait for someone else to do it.

In the meantime get a joystick or fly with the numpad, it's awesome.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:00:07 am by General Battuta »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I like the FS mouse control as it is now :nervous:
It's so supar sexy for aiming that I use it for that even though I fly with joystick (though, admittedly, the mouse is crap for flying).
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
No, is not, is retarded, as in you're so stupid you won't be able to follow your enemy in close turns unless you play countless hours and even so, you'll never do it efficiently like 90%+ of the time shooting at it, retarded. If you want a mediocre shooting getting 15-25% max of hits,  is OK; but, if you want to follow your target as the other ships follow you  shooting the crap out of you, you need a good mouse support.

And don't come blackmailing me that you won't upload the scripts just because I told the truth, I will always tell what I feel even if the world doesn't like it.

I've played ACE Online for a long time and the mouse support is needed for the game to be a success, nobody has ever complained about that particular game feature, and players complain a lot and about anything.

But is OK, keep fooling yourself and writing that those retarded controls are "awesome", many people will come, play the game, see that it has a retarded ship controls and leave for better ones, on other games.

I've seen many people complaining about it and been pointed to the scripts at best, really really disappointing "support".
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:16:13 am by technopredator »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Like it has been said already. People prefer different control methods. If FSO were to change how native mouse support works, that'd cause a lot of complaining among veteran players who use mouse for aiming, keyboard for turning. If you can't or don't want to use that method, then you are free to select from several mouse scripts to get different mouse control. Or get a joystick. If you're not happy with that either, the door's that way.

You certainly use the word "retarded" a lot, but you have to realize that your own behavior in this topic is retarded. Being frustrated about something is no excuse. Topic locked.