Author Topic: (solved) very slow title video and menu screen  (Read 1373 times)

(solved) very slow title video and menu screen
solved somehow, just played around with settings for ages and something worked (no idea what unfortunately as was getting bored and changing everything at once :P

Just installed the game and then then used the open installer

freespace2 std (from the install works fine)

soon as I try to use one of the launchers (or run the open builds direct) everything goes very slow (1 frame per 5 seconds (or similar it seems, you can see the screen refresh, gets onto the pilot select and mouse takes ages to register movement (possibly just screen refreshing)

tried with as many different settings in the launcher as I can see, tried multiple builds, mods on and off, sound on and off etc

have tried it windowed and same problem (only in game window works fine when you move the cursor onto the desktop and such.

thanks for any help

Bleak
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:50:24 pm by bleakwinter »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: very slow title video and menu screen
Please read the FAQ stickied here and generate an fs2_open.log, then post it in this thread.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Re: very slow title video and menu screen
as requested

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Re: (solved) very slow title video and menu screen
This is the same problem I am having, are you having this problem intermittantly?

Re: (solved) very slow title video and menu screen
Didn't work from start (install) never managed to play, kept playing around with settings and something happened and it now works, not sure what though.

Not had same problem since it fixed and not been able to replicate (played with settings as had got it down to bare minimum

Sorry I cant be any help