Author Topic: Audio Problem  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Lorric

Hello. Can you help me please?

Whether I've done this right remains to be seen, I've never updated the Freespace SCP before, I came in at 3.6.12. I downloaded the 3.6.14. I put the 8 files in the Freespace 2 folder, and removed the 6 files with 3.6.12. (I put them in a folder in case I needed them back.) I don't know if there were equivalent files for the two extra 3.6.14 files but I certainly didn't see any.

I switched the mod to 3.6.14.

The problem starts as soon as you start a mission. The effects and voices just obliterate the music. And if you go into the options, you can only change the volume of the music, which is very quiet compared to the others. You try adjusting the others, it has no effect at all, the effects and voices are locked at a much higher volume than the music. Do you know the cause of this? Or have I just screwed up?

Oh, and in the menu, there are no sfx at all. The music plays correctly in the menu, but no sfx. The voices don't work either if you try to adjust the voice volume in the options screen.

I have switched back to 3.6.12 for now and put the 3.6.14 files in that folder where I had put the 3.6.12 files.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Have you tried using OpenAL Soft? There are some audio chipsets that do not quite cooperate with the Creative Labs implementation, using OAL Soft may help.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Lorric

Is this thing seperate from Open AL? If I download it will I have to do anything with it to make the mod run with it, or will it happen on it's own?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Yes it is separate from the OpenAL that you had to download to play the game.  This one is just a DLL and should go into your game data folder along with the executables.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments