Author Topic: Blue Planet 2 Starting error  (Read 15040 times)

Re: Blue Planet 2 Starting error
Compressing it with zip or rar or whatever is actually a very viable option in this situation.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If you have WinZip, WinRar, 7-Zip or any other kind of archiving software, you can compress the file. Even Windows have built-in zip-compression if you right-click on the file and select send to --> compressed (zipped) folder. It might go into small enough space to fit into forum attachment. If it doesn't, you can get free SkyDrive, Dropbox, MediaFire or any other service account that lets you upload files.

Offline Arpit

first mission: works. first real like where you control your ship: only until the end, then it crashes.  :banghead:
excuse me, fs2_open.log file is 23 mb big, how the **** do i post that?
something about texturing disabled for texture RT_512x512+24 and that goes on for about 23 mbs..

Why the frak do you frakking get so many frakking errors in your frakking blueplanet. I am frakking tired of your frakking excuses of your frakking crashes. I am frakking going out from this frakking matter. Don't frakking keep frakking hopes from frakking me.

As for your frakking large debug log, I am not frakking sure, but I do frakking remember about a frakking site called as pastebin.com where you can frakking show your frakking debug log.

Also why do you frakking play in frakking window mode. I frakking know that this frak isn't related to your frakking problem but are you frakking tired of frakking fullscreen?  :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Less frakking, please. This is not the Diaspora board.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Arpit

Quite true enough.  :)

MobileForce: Well I don't have an AMD/ATI graphic card but what about once again reinstalling your latest video drivers.
                     Also create a file in your Freespace2/data folder called as debug_filter.cfg (note the extension is .cfg). This will create       
                     an even larger debug log and help us in debugging
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:57:49 am by Arpit »

create a debug_filter.cfg?
anyways, here's the 23mb log
here's the log after that.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:31:51 am by MobileForce »

Offline Arpit

create a debug_filter.cfg?

Yes. Open Notepad, leave it blank and save it as debug_filter.csg (Set the file type to All File types or you will get debug_filter.csg.txt; also you will have to type the extension manually while saving)

BTW, what did you do for the drivers? Did you try reinstalling them?

EDIT: Could you explain you error in more detail? For e.g. how do you trigger the crash, when exactly it crashes,etc.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

MobileForce: Well I don't have an AMD/ATI graphic card but what about once again reinstalling your latest video drivers.
                     Also create a file in your Freespace2/data folder called as debug_filter.cfg (note the extension is .cfg). This will create       

No, it really won't.

Two things to do, MobileForce: 1. Use the "Disable OpenGL Render Targets" troubleshooting option. For some reason, your GPU is failing to create the render targets used to do environmental reflections.

Two, the "crash" at the end of the big log is not a crash, but a warning you can click through (and that release builds would allow you to play past without bothering you).

I have to ask though, is there any way at all for you to get a better graphics card? The one you have is very low-powered, and not at all built for 3D gaming (It's designed to drive multiple screens for business apps, not anything requiring real horsepower).

No, it really won't.

Two things to do, MobileForce: 1. Use the "Disable OpenGL Render Targets" troubleshooting option. For some reason, your GPU is failing to create the render targets used to do environmental reflections.

Two, the "crash" at the end of the big log is not a crash, but a warning you can click through (and that release builds would allow you to play past without bothering you).

I have to ask though, is there any way at all for you to get a better graphics card? The one you have is very low-powered, and not at all built for 3D gaming (It's designed to drive multiple screens for business apps, not anything requiring real horsepower).
i am aware of how ****ty my graphics card is- i got this computer from an embassy when they didn't need anymore, i noticed it too. however, it can run league of legends as well as s4 league, trackmania forver, and fs1 and 2 on highest settigns (without fso)
ehhhm
still doesn't work after disabling render targets. OH WELL I REALLY WANTED TO CONTROL A GIANT SPACESHIP BUT **** IT.

i need to be able to find a custom campaign without any shudely dudely crap around it. (no extra mediavps, just vanilla custom camaign.)
one last log, analyse that ****.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Arpit

Could some SCP guy explain me this. I am not good at computers. Its at the end of the larger debug log.

Code: [Select]
WARNING: VRAM is at -2435410 instead of zero after flushing!
Also MobileForce when an error pops, if there are three options 'Yes','No' and 'Cancel' , go for 'No'. I know you must be following this way, but what can I do, after all I have an habit of giving suggestions.  :D

Offline Luis Dias

Seems like the old bug where anything beyond 2 GB of RAM is interpreted as negative RAM to me.

Could some SCP guy explain me this. I am not good at computers. Its at the end of the larger debug log.

Code: [Select]
WARNING: VRAM is at -2435410 instead of zero after flushing!
Also MobileForce when an error pops, if there are three options 'Yes','No' and 'Cancel' , go for 'No'. I know you must be following this way, but what can I do, after all I have an habit of giving suggestions.  :D
Clicked NO 3x. It worked.
Now next problem: the hud is there, twice. reallly annoying.
thanks for all the help from everybody, one last issue and my game will (hopefully) function 100% normal! THANKS!

Offline Arpit

At which resolution you are playing?

1280x1024, also, i ****ing hate it. GIVE ME A LOWER RESOLUTION POSSIBILITY! I WANT TO PLAY AT 800x600!!!

Offline Arpit

1280x1024, also, i ****ing hate it. GIVE ME A LOWER RESOLUTION POSSIBILITY! I WANT TO PLAY AT 800x600!!!

You can't play Blue Planet at low resolution.  :p

Try 1280x720.

You can't play Blue Planet at low resolution.  :p

Try 1280x720.
why the hell can't i play in low res
dis make me and my graphics card sad

Offline Arpit

Ask the Blue Planet team.   ;)

(Although Blue Planet team made it sure that the mod is not meant for very low-end computers.)

Ask the Blue Planet team.   ;)

(Although Blue Planet team made it sure that the mod is not meant for very low-end computers.)
yeah great
Ok guys lets see who we want to give this mod to
not those faggots with low res **** they don't deserve it for free because they're so poor, so we force them to play with lowest settings of everything
EL LOGICO NO ES AQUI

Offline Arpit

Ok guys lets see who we want to give this mod to
not those faggots with low res **** they don't deserve it for free because they're so poor, so we force them to play with lowest settings of everything.

Er, don't get angry.  :nervous:

The Blue Planet team worked pretty hard for this release inspite of their common life problems. They tried everything to make it perfect and will try in future too. Same thing with other mods and mediavps. Also they will see this low-end hardware matter for their next release   so don't get disappointed.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
We're trying very hard to make the game playable on most hardware. MobileForce, yours, sadly, is below par, and there is only so much we can or want to do to target that kind of stuff. We're generally assuming that players of our mod will be able to field at least a mid-range desktop or Laptop with graphics hardware made in the past 3 years or so.

This means that there's a group of people that can't play this mod, no matter what we do. Sorry about that.