Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

Briefing texts reformatted

(1/1)

Black Wolf:
So the other day I noticed Admiral Ralwood had added the BP briefing texts in what looked like a very unusual and non wiki-ish way. I edited them, and this started a short conversation where it was pointed out that he'd been following an established convention wherein these pages were formatted in a completely different way to the rest of the wiki, apparently as a result of some straight copy-pasting of a pre-wiki document that set an unfortunate formatting convention which had apparently been followed consistently since then.

Rather than stick with an old way of doing things as the result of a legacy document, I figured we could just reformat all the pages into something more conventional and navigable. Here is the example I've done for FS1. I was hoping for some opinions on whether people are happy with it, or any suggestions for improvements before I go through and do the others.

I've already requested changes that will make the table of contents shorter and more manageable (while still retaining the ability to link to a specific briefing stage through headings), and I'm hoping to add thumbnails of the relevant CBAnims for the various stages once we have images uploaded through this process. Any other thoughts?

General Battuta:
Looks good to me.

niffiwan:
Sounds & looks good.

(and ps. it was Admiral Ralwood who did the BP briefing texts, not Admiral Nelson :))

General Battuta:
Shame to lose that bit of credit to Eishtmo, as I doubt anyone new will ever learn who he is. But c'est la vie.

AdmiralRalwood:
My first instinct was actually to do something more along those lines, but concerns about the TOC getting out of hand were the only reason I didn't. Excellent work on these FS1 pages. If nobody else gets around to it before me, I'll convert the WiH briefing texts to match.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version