Author Topic: Problems with FSO Launcher  (Read 3322 times)

Re: Problems with FSO Launcher
I can play the game now atleast, however there is a distinct lack of sound in it.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
It may help if you install OpenALSoft instead of "normal" OpenAL.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Is there any reason to have both or should I just go for Soft? Other than that the music has returned.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:23:54 am by Mammothtank »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think (but am not certain) that if you have a Creative sound card you need both. Otherwise just OpenALSoft should work.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I keep getting these errors when opening the launcher however. I took screen shots of them and put them in the ZIP folder below.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Have a look at the transcend mod.ini.  I think there's an extra leading comma in the multimod -> secondarylist field.  It should just have mediavps_3612 without any commas.
----
----

Alright i fixed that. Its still whining at me so I looked through the other mod.ini's they are all fine.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hmmm... I may have read the log incorrectly. Could you post a copy of the Transcend mod.ini file?
----
----

Righteo here we go. 

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
OK, that seems very similar to the one I have... so I'm a bit at a loss now as to what is generating those errors. Are they occurring when you run the debug version, or the normal version, or both?
----
----

Just the debug apparently. I kinda forgot to switch back over to the normal one but I downloaded the right one now.  :lol:

Thanks for the help. If any other problems arise with the Launcher well I guess I'll put it here?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yeah, either in this thread or a new one would be fine.
----
----