Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

User-Made Weapons Page: Adding new Entries

<< < (2/5) > >>

headdie:

--- Quote from: BirdofPrey on March 07, 2015, 12:16:17 am ---Huh, didn't realize that existed.  I can't say I have noticed it being used anywhere.

Still, I think interesting weapons with an old model is more useful than the same weapons with new models.
Of course there could be a section for just the weapon models like how there's a repository of user-made ships, but plenty aren't really statted all that much

--- End quote ---

as both z64555 and  Black Wolf say this is a new page under development

z64555:

--- Quote from: BirdofPrey on March 07, 2015, 12:16:17 am ---Huh, didn't realize that existed.  I can't say I have noticed it being used anywhere.

Still, I think interesting weapons with an old model is more useful than the same weapons with new models.
Of course there could be a section for just the weapon models like how there's a repository of user-made ships, but plenty aren't really statted all that much

--- End quote ---

One of the initial reasons for the page's existence was to showcase the weapon models. As AdmiralRalwood pointed out, primaries can have models, and also some folk will appreciate the .tbl entry for some interesting bullet/bolt effects.

Similar and/or upgraded versions of weapons could possibly be grouped together. Perhaps have the basic weapon a full tech/description entry, and include a table comparing the similar weapons power, firing speed, etc.

BirdofPrey:

--- Quote from: z64555 on March 07, 2015, 05:26:51 am ---

--- End quote ---

One of the initial reasons for the page's existence was to showcase the weapon models. As AdmiralRalwood pointed out, primaries can have models, and also some folk will appreciate the .tbl entry for some interesting bullet/bolt effects.
--- End quote ---
This is supposed to be a modding resource right?  If that's the case, models shouldn't be the only/main consideration.

--- Quote ---Similar and/or upgraded versions of weapons could possibly be grouped together. Perhaps have the basic weapon a full tech/description entry, and include a table comparing the similar weapons power, firing speed, etc.

--- End quote ---
That was my thought as well, though a more click heavy alternative would be to link to any pages other, similar weapons have.

headdie:

--- Quote from: BirdofPrey on March 07, 2015, 10:12:04 am ---
--- Quote from: z64555 on March 07, 2015, 05:26:51 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
This is supposed to be a modding resource right?  If that's the case, models shouldn't be the only/main consideration.

--- End quote ---

The page has tags for Custom Model, Custom Tech Model and Custom Effect.

Also I have an issue with the alignment in the Icon Key as shown in the attachment.
System
Windows 7
Chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 m
And Version 41.0.2272.76 m (when checking the version chrome wanted to update. ctrl+f5 the tab and the issue persists on the newer version)
1920x1080 Resolution
GeForce 750 GTX

edit:  added attachment

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Colonol Dekker:
I chose 3 with option 2 being a close second.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version