Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > The Scroll of Atankharzim

RELEASE: The Scroll of Atankharzim, Part I

(1/79) > >>

Goober5000:
We are a people of legacy. It is said that in the earliest days, when our people first walked upon the cooling silver sands of the twilight, that then was prophesied the destiny of our race. And we touched the stars, even as foretold. But in our conceit we forgot the words of the Prophets, and the Destroyers fell upon us in their wrath...

When your children ask of their history, of how they came to be Atankharz'ythi, then you will teach them the words of this scroll, that they may learn from their ancestors and not repeat their arrogance and folly. The stars hold our fate; we search them for our salvation.

—The Scroll of Atankharzim

After years of development, the Scroll team is pleased to present Part I of this epic campaign.  Featuring 24 mission of epic sci-fi fantasy goodness, this release also includes fiction viewer entries from Sesquipedalian, command briefing animations by mjn.mixael, and contributions from many other HLP members.

Screenshots

Downloads

The campaign is on the FSO Installer and Knossos, or you can download it manually here.  All of the following are required.

Root (540 KB)
Maps 1 (110 MB)
Maps 2 (155 MB)
Models (83 MB)
Other files (414 MB)
Voice (76 MB)

You may want to listen to the audio track that we planned for the intro cutscene.  Download it here.

Known issues:

[*] Several bugs were present in the original version of the campaign.  These have now been fixed.
[*] CT27 has experienced problems with the Khitteb departing in "Irkalla Passes".  I've added some additional sexp logic in the latest release which should hopefully resolve this.  I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself though.

TopAce:
I can't believe this is finally out! Thanks for the memories, Goob!

Nyctaeus:
How many years in development? 15 :P? It's more than half of my life at all... And now one of the most mysterious projects of the HLP is finally released. Congratulations guys!

CKid:
I guess I know what I'm doing tonight. Congrats on the release! Hard to believe that this moment has finally come.

T-Man:
Oh wow. Huge congrats to you and the team Goober, can't wait to give it a play :yes:.

I think I remember this project being advertised when I first joined HLP and I've always looked forward to it coming out. Awesome :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version