Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > FreeSpace Conversion

The Decision: A Fanfic

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: jr2 on May 26, 2018, 04:29:38 pm ---Fiction viewer add-on to Knossos?

--- End quote ---

I doubt that people would read fiction files on their launcher.

jr2:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on May 26, 2018, 06:20:55 pm ---
--- Quote from: jr2 on May 26, 2018, 04:29:38 pm ---Fiction viewer add-on to Knossos?

--- End quote ---

I doubt that people would read fiction files on their launcher.

--- End quote ---

I think it's a better option than one built into the FSO engine.  This of course has no effect on people who use a separate e-reader (there's a bunch of them (try Calibre for a start), supporting a bunch of different formats).

Nightmare:
Well several good things have been released in the past years that deal quite well with "fiction on the FSO engine", just think about BTA. Of course you can also turn it into a PDF, with a different look and feel (background images etc) and ship it with one of the campaigns in question. The "presentation" would be more pleasent than to read in some online forum, either way.

jr2:
There used to be a bunch of FS2 fanfic too, not sure if it's still around or not.  I think I've got some of it backed up somewhere, if it's survived years of bouncing from hard disk to hard disk.

Hunter:
Sorry to bump, but all of the fanfiction that used to be on FreeSpace 2 Sector was added to FreeSpace Files when I launched it in 2014. They were converted to PDF format: https://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/?dir=uploads/Fanfiction

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version