Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Exile

[RELEASE] Into the Dark Waters

<< < (18/19) > >>

CT27:
Nyctaeus,

I've finished the final main chapter of Exile:  Alternate History (involving "Sol Invictus"), can I PM it to you now?

Nyctaeus:
Anytime, man. I'm superbusy atm and overally, but you know the drill. One day I will dig it out and review.

Su-tehp:
Nyct, my apologies for being away for so long, I've been super busy these last 2 years, what with working on the front lines of the COVID pandemic and all (not to mention a bunch of other editing projects I'm involved in), but I just got a PM from Admiral Nelson asking about my Exile edits. I just PM'ed both you and Nelson with my reply. I still have all my edits but they're only about halfway done. It's gonna take me a couple of months to finish the rest as I'm currently busy helping fan-edit the new Terminator RPG corebook (take a gander here if you're interested).

I'm gonna let Nelson do his thing with the FSO ports for Exile and once he's done, I'll edit the messages of the new mission files myself (I can't trust anyone else to do my edits for fear of a crapton of typos). It might take a few months (or longer). I can't make any promises just yet, but we'll see.

CT27, I'm curious: what's this Exile: Alternate History you mentioned?

CT27:

--- Quote from: Su-tehp on April 11, 2022, 02:57:52 pm ---

--- End quote ---

It's a fanfiction I wrote based on a 'what if' in Exile.  I finished the main plot but may write a small epilogue later.

The premise is that a small group of EFN officers and ships that fought to the death in Exile canon decide (in this alternate story) to actually try to break out of Sol.  However, they aren't able to leave with the main Exodus Fleet and have to try to catch up with them. 
Another difference is that one of the ORS destroyers that was destroyed in official Exile by Sathanas beams actually was a few seconds faster in this version of the timeline.  Those few seconds make a difference because the Sathanas beams only barely caught the engine instead of gutting/destroying the whole ship.  This caused a massive radiation spike in the ship that killed most of the crew but left the destroyer mostly intact.  The EFN remnants I mentioned earlier find this ship and use it as part of their group to try and catch up with Exodus Fleet.

Su-tehp:

--- Quote from: CT27 on April 11, 2022, 07:54:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: Su-tehp on April 11, 2022, 02:57:52 pm ---

--- End quote ---

It's a fanfiction I wrote based on a 'what if' in Exile.  I finished the main plot but may write a small epilogue later.

The premise is that a small group of EFN officers and ships that fought to the death in Exile canon decide (in this alternate story) to actually try to break out of Sol.  However, they aren't able to leave with the main Exodus Fleet and have to try to catch up with them. 
Another difference is that one of the ORS destroyers that was destroyed in official Exile by Sathanas beams actually was a few seconds faster in this version of the timeline.  Those few seconds make a difference because the Sathanas beams only barely caught the engine instead of gutting/destroying the whole ship.  This caused a massive radiation spike in the ship that killed most of the crew but left the destroyer mostly intact.  The EFN remnants I mentioned earlier find this ship and use it as part of their group to try and catch up with Exodus Fleet.

--- End quote ---

That's actually a cool story. Where can I find it? And do you need an editor to (eventually) edit it? ;7 (I think it needs a punchier title than "Alternate History" however... :p)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version