Author Topic: Joystick issues  (Read 1262 times)

Specifically, it never stops barrel rolling.

Joystick is almost certainly confirmed as the source, but Need other possible candidates for cause.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:38:35 pm by Jeep-Eep »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Having issues with uncontrollable turning to port
Check the axis that rolling is set to in the controller config menu in Options.  If it's set to your throttle axis, then having your throttle at its maximum or minimum would produce constant rolling.  If you want to set another axis to rolling, make sure your throttle is centered when you do so.

Re: Having issues with uncontrollable turning to port
Thank you!

More joystick issues, cannot pitch Starboard
As the title says; port seems to work, but it doesn't register starboard; position seems to be properly registered on PC. Is it a config issue or is my joystick aging out? It worked properly with Freespace in the past.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I merged your two threads.  Try to keep related topics in the same thread, since it makes it easier for people to help you.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
To rule out a hardware problem i would simple recommend, that you use the Game Controller settings in Windows (or the OS you are using) to test it there.

In game problem could be, that you have configured key presses for individual directions instead of a configured axis control. So that the game register your axis movement as a simple key press in one direction.
Well, it even can be caused by a second device, that is plugged it.

But that is not the default configuration behaviour, though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:26:00 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

It's deffo set to Z axis for pitch and it pitches properly to port, not starboard.