Author Topic: Knossos mods: Missing text and ship models  (Read 1502 times)

Knossos mods: Missing text and ship models
Hi all

Trying to use Knossos to install mods. I have the retail version of FS2 installed, runs fine. From Knossos I've installed FSO/SCP, but numerous mods (Blue Planet, Solaris, ect) Have either missing ship models, missing menu text, or both. Imagine going to the options menu and only seeing sliders and settings. No text describing them, or going into the ship database and only seeing the tail lights on ships and nothing else.

Is this a common problem? I've successfully installed BP and other mods before, so I assume I've missed something related to Knossos and how it installs FSO. But then again, I'm no mod dev, so what do I know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Knossos mods: Missing text and ship models
Two things you do to help us help you:

In knossos go for "details" on a given mod. Then there should be an options button. Clicking on that should give you a menu, there you can do the following...

1 "verify file integrety"

2 "run fast debug". And once you once loaded a mission with the debug build, you will get the option to "upload debug log" - it will give you an url to post here.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Alright, here's the debug URL, the integrity was also verified.

https://fsnebula.org/log/5d9c18d8cb0d3320a2dd8189

thanks again

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well.. afaik this is a problem that occurs with AMD graphic cards with bad drivers.

Maybe a driver update can fix this... or you have to buy a proper video card  :D
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Pics are probably better to describe graphic errors.

Hi all, I got it to work.  I went to Knossos settings => global flags => and selected an FSO build...

I feel stupid...

But now I can play muh mods so I don't really care. Thanks for taking the time to help me, it's guys & girls like you that keep this game alive after 20 years.