Author Topic: FS2 campaign CTD  (Read 1218 times)

Offline jonahc

Hello, I'm new to FS2, and I really hope you can help. When launching MediaVPs it crashes to desktop.

I played the vanilla for a few hours yesterday then read about FSO. I installed Knossos and was able to launch mediaVPs at first. I think it started after I setup Knossos with my joystick, 3d extreme pro. I checked the recent posting here on the joystick but it didn't work.

I've spent the last 2 hours trying to fix and I'm stuck. I uninstalled and reinstalled to a different drive.

Here's my debug log
https://fsnebula.org/log/5ddff29ecb0d3322e7684741

Thanks in advance for your help

Offline jonahc

Verified files
I can launch from steam and use the joystick - I was hoping for using a 16:9 resolution.

Tried using the nightlies launch option and when debug launching I get this error

Warning: Player file has invalid radar range -1, setting to default.

File: plr.cpp
Line: 188

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
This warning should not stop you from playing the game, though. It just says "hey you had a broken value in your player file, we fixed it now".

I guess this could be related to the joystick you have connected, have you tried disconnecting the joystick and fiddling with joystick settings in Knossos? I recall there being a bunch of problems where Knossos didn't detect the joystick correctly/expected the joystick to be connected when it wasn't and causing problems launching FSO.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline jonahc

Thanks! I disconnected both XB360 and my joystick, set Knossos to "no joystick" and still get the CTD

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Hmm... Try creating and uploading the debug log again? The only problem I can see in the previous one is the player radar range warning, and that shouldn't stop you from playing...

Eventually you could navigate to %appdata%/HardLightProductions/FreespaceOpen/data/players and try moving the files out of there? (Probably the .plr and .json files will suffice)
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline jonahc

MitoPL, thanks. I thought I deleted those before, but it works now. Facepalm - I'm dump.

Someone can sure delete this thread as this is mentioned in the "read this before posting"