Author Topic: list of campaign profile names  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
list of campaign profile names
Hi all :-)

I'm trying to get aim assist to work and have been following some of the threads. Thanks to Nightmare and Kayael I got it working for ST:R but I have not had much luck with other campaigns/mods. Based on Kayael's advice below it seems that FS needs the correct profile name for each campaign, and I'm guessing it is picky about the name being typed exactly the way it wants it to be, including spacing.

(My brief experimentation with the STR autoaim table suggests that spacing is important as profile name SILENTTHREATREBORN didn't work, however capatilization isn't important since profile name silent threat reborn did.)

Is there complete list of the correct profile names for the campaigns, or an easy way of finding out what they are? VPView does not appear to give this info, at least not that I have seen. For example silent threat reborn appears to be SilentThreatReborn.fc2

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

...the advice from Kayael... :)

Basically you need to create a Tables folder in the Data folder of the mod you wanna play, create an autoaim-aip.tbm and put the values mentioned in the thread above. You have to know the profile name of the campaign you play though, you can easily get it with VPView I think. In my case, I could stack FS1 RETAIL and SILENT THREAT REBORN as 2 profiles in the same table since they both depend on fsport-mediavps to work. The player profile you create doesn't matter, it will apply to all of them.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Re: list of campaign profile names
Open files of the mod (often xyz_Root.vp), look for the AI_Profiles.tbl or something with ...-aip.tbm.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Open files of the mod (often xyz_Root.vp), look for the AI_Profiles.tbl or something with ...-aip.tbm.

I must be doing something wrong, since I cannot see AI_Profiles - or much of anything for that matter. Am I looking in the wrong place? What should the file path be? Do I need to use any extra software to see them?

Sorry to be a pest. Many thanks in advance  :)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

If a campaign has no custom AI table it's always FS2 RETAIL.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
If a campaign has no custom AI table it's always FS2 RETAIL.

Worked a charm, :yes: thank you  :)