Author Topic: FSO stopped launching after I tried playing BtA  (Read 884 times)

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
FSO stopped launching after I tried playing BtA
To get it out of the way, I can't get a log because the game doesn't even start, no log is ever generated with either the Debug or the Normal builds.

I finished BP today and wanted to play something else, so I picked BtA, when I got the following error:

My "Preferred Engine Stability" setting was on Stable, so I tried RCs. After the RCs downloaded, I tried running BtA, but nothing happened besides the "FSO is launching..." prompt briefly flashing on Knossos' status bar but the game never actually started.
I tried reverting back to Stable and it failed again. Then I tried running a mod I had been playing: BP. The same "FSO is launching..." message, but no game.

I then tried running just Retail FS2 and same result "launching..." then nothing. Then I tested running Retail FSO with 3.8.0-3 instead of 19.0.0. This worked, and all mods that are compatible with 3.8.0-3 still work too.

So I tried Verifying File Integrity on FSO and it said there were no problems.
I outright deleted my 19.0.0 folder to force it to redownload. However, the problem persists after the redownload. 

(I also tried rebooting my computer a few times along the process described above)

I have no idea what to try anymore.
Potato!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: FSO stopped launching after I tried playing BtA
1) Are you running Knossos 0.14? - Because that sounds similar to a bug in Knossos 0.13.3

2) The build that error message is referrencing is a Nightly - have you tried the Nightly release channel?
(Note: you shouldn't be on the Nightly release channel unless you are developing something, but sometimes a release may jump the gun because a specific feature is required)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
Yeah, I'm on 0.14.

I have tried the latest Nightly too, none of the mods or even Retail FS2 launch in 19.0.0 or higher anymore. Even if I download a version I never had it also won't launch.

Btw here's a knossos log of my latest attempt: I try launching BtA, then Retail FS2, it doesn't seem to throw any error into the logs:
https://pastebin.com/Yub6JB6g
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:42:50 am by Kiloku »
Potato!

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
Update: If I spam-click "Play", sometimes the game will launch. Not guaranteed to work, though
Potato!