Author Topic: Multiple Errors When Trying to Start with wxLauncher  (Read 1514 times)

Multiple Errors When Trying to Start with wxLauncher
Hey everyone. I'm late to the party on this one but downloaded FS2 awhile ago on GOG and wanted to use the FSO mod. I installed it to C:\Games\Freespace 2 as advised and am using the wxLauncher but still get a number of errors when I try and start the game:

"The code execution cannot proceed because swscale-4.dll was not found."

I'm using the fs2_open_19_0_0_x64_SSE2.exe.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Re: Multiple Errors When Trying to Start with wxLauncher
Errrr.... dumb question but did you make sure the DDL is installed? It is included in every FSO download.

I don't see a DDL option in the installer. Am I missing something? (Probably)

If you're not using Knossos you need to place the files from the FSO download into your FS folder manually, this has nothing to do with the wxLauncher.

I only have the installer file for FSO. Do I install the files somewhere else and then manully add them? Sorry for the confusion

Try this one, it's a recent built and working (there're newer ones, but they have some severe bugs that haven't been fixes yet): https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=96369.0

Put them into the main FSO folder.

BTW if possible you should use the Knossos installer/launche instead of installing manually, it is much more user friendly.

Used Knossos. Solved everything. Thank you so much for your help!