Author Topic: Looking for IP players  (Read 4940 times)

Offline Rhadoo

Looking for IP players
Because the server had been down "lately" the only way of playing is throw Ip, so pls , if you wanna play a game let me know.
I'm online most of the time, so i'll seeyour posts as soon as you write them.
We need people with a good connexionto the web, because for some reason i can't host ip games.
Or you could leave your info here.

my yahoo messenger adrees is rhadoohgd.             

We are using Toms old Build, by the way

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
The master server is back up now.

Also, I wouldn't mind playing a game myself.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Rhadoo

Glad to see at least someone's interested. Whenever you fell like playing a game................well you have my yahoo messenger adress..................or you can post here  :)

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
Would love to play, but unfortunately I'm so swamped with my full time job + full time school work that I hardly even have time to mess with my mod.

Good lord :pimp:, It's taken me two dayes, well sort of... to install FS2. Last time I played was years ago.
 HOLY COW-a-.... There is still a community out there. COOL! Way cool~
Well I just followed Karajorma's FAQ. It was pretty good! Hat's off. So now comes the problem of servers. Is there one server out there that services FS2? or is it a stiuation of  "I'll server today , you server tommorw"?? :confused:
I'd love to get this thing rolling, simply just to test out the install I did.... :nod:

Well I see your trying to get players together so heres my 2 cents

Yahoo: richrichardson@
MSN   : richrichardson@    (real creative right)

Offline Rhadoo

There is a master server "FS2NetD"........but it's down most of the time, so we play threw ip whenever we get the chance  :D

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
-I will also be glad to play with u, so heres my icq number: 298-084-947
-btw why do you use old toms build? I think we should use new 3.6.9 RC7 it is very stable for multiplayer i played with it a lot of times, no crashes, better performance. Heres link  :yes:
-If u want to play u should also join #fs2source irc channel here on irc.maxgaming.net or #Lobby_20 channel on the same server.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
-btw why do you use old toms build? I think we should use new 3.6.9 RC7 it is very stable for multiplayer i played with it a lot of times, no crashes, better performance.

That paragraph gets you promoted to favourite poster of the month :p

Nice to see that someone is using 3.6.9 :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Feel free to ask me for a game whenever you see me online.  :yes: If you have yahoo or trillian, my yahoo nick is NDS_Martellato.

Offline Rhadoo

well, i play with build 3.6.7. I tryed to install 3.6.9 but for some reason i couldn't open the game. It gave me an error about openal32.dll . Do i need to download addtional stuff for it to work? I'm open to sugestions!
Thx in advance!
I'll play a game or 2 with you guys anytime!  :)

Yeah, 3.6.9 requires that you get openAL, available here:
http://openal.org/downloads.html

It really is far superior to 3.6.7 once you get the 3.6.8 zeta mediavps.

Offline Rhadoo

i downloaded openal32.dll and placed it in my windows/system/ folder.......exactly where it said it neede it and it still gives me an error "can't open listing" or something like that. Do i nead new media.vp's or what else is needed? advice is appreciated!

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Did you run this installer or just manually downloaded openal32.dll and shoved it to your system folder?

Firstly, I would presume it should be in system32 folder; secondly, if you really did it manually (why?!) and it didn't work, try running the installer I linked to.

If that doesn't help, wait for Karajorma or someone else appear to help with their superior knowledge. ;)

EDIT: fixed tag.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 05:00:03 pm by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Rhadoo

Thanks for the advice! I've downloaded the installer and the build works perfectly now  :D

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I'd love to play an IP game with you, but the computer FS2 works on is currently off the network due to a lack of a wireless network, and a broken line running through the floor.

My parents dont want to fix it cause theyll have to call in some moron to do it...

But w/e.... if the line is fixed before college (3 yrs), i'll play you!
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Rhadoo

Well, in that case lets just hope you manage to fix that cable in less than 3 years  :)

I'm trying to play as much multi fs2 as i can before i go to college next month :)

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
You will be able to play even more in college!

Take a few boxes (computers), and a few copies of Freespace 2 SCP...

Give all your new gamer friends a copy, and tell them to connect to a box (an extra computer)'s IP, and then play them in tournaments. You'll whoop them, then they'll get better... you could easily have 11 others playing the game with you, as FS2 runs on most modern machines... hopefully the new SCP core comes back, or a patch for RC7, to support 8GB of memory (due to the fact that the rich kids have better computers).

I'll see what i can do about the cable... i'm good in computers but not fixing cables... with my luck I'll cut right through the cable's outer (and important) wires, turning it into a piece of rope, not an ethernet wire.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Im interested, have yahoo but never use it. Do have XFIRE sn is hawkens feel free to contact me.

Furl