Author Topic: revisiting old games  (Read 70415 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Not "that" forcefield at the end of the game?

A Forcefield in a Mutant camp bend on taking over the Vault ("In... Your... Dreams..." *SMACK* "*Auwr!"*

I do not think I got at the end of the game that early. I did even find the water chip yet.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Next game up for me is Unreal 2. This was an underrated game and probably had the best variety of any FPS I've played, in terms of level environments, weapons and enemies. The story is fairly average, but each level brings in something new gameplay-wise.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Next game up for me is Unreal 2. This was an underrated game and probably had the best variety of any FPS I've played, in terms of level environments, weapons and enemies. The story is fairly average, but each level brings in something new gameplay-wise.
I love that game. It's story was quite poor, but I liked the visuals. I also loved the standard issue rifle. Corner shooting is freaking awesome.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Davros

and unreal 2 multiplayer was awesome, it should of been included in ut2004 + ut3

Offline Roanoke

It felt "all graphics no game" to me as combat was unremarkable. ut2004 was/is awesome though.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
UT2004 had tons of content and polish, but its basic gameplay mechanics were flawed for most people who came from the original UT. The weapon balance in particular had serious problems. It was still a fun game though.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Tried running an old demo in Descent 3 just now and ended up crashing it.

So I went to play Bejeweled 2.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline eliex

I've got a disc for Descent 3 . . . but I can't run it anymore.  :(

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Really? Why?
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Tried running an old demo in Descent 3 just now and ended up crashing it.

The demo system in those old games was quite nice. I still have several demos of the HLP Descent 2 games we played here two years ago.

It's a pity that most games no longer support it. (a few do through console commands though)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, that demo I had was recorded from multiplayer. It's bound to have a few errors.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Davros

ps: link to Unreal eXpanded Muliplayer
http://www.free-monkey.com/main/utxmp.php

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Got back my copy of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. I'm going to install it tomorrow with the expansion packs. :D
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Roanoke

I'm gonna go and ebay-seacrch VirtuaCop. We (myself and workbuddy) took ages to remember that name.

UT2004 had tons of content and polish, but its basic gameplay mechanics were flawed for most people who came from the original UT. The weapon balance in particular had serious problems. It was still a fun game though.

Yeah I recall you lamenting the Flak cannon some time ago. Lucky for me I had noever really played oUT  ;)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I just fired up my copy of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, but it's pretty empty. I made a Floorless Roller Coaster track (Buckshot) before exploring Six Flags Magic Mountain and quitting. I'll need my discs with all the extra scenarios and data. :blah:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline eliex

Really? Why?

*shrug.

Computer simply crashes halfway on setup. Hmm . . . perhaps the disc is way too scratched up being like 7 years old.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Created a new scenario in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. :D
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Homeworld 1 AI sucks. I ordered a group of 10 corvettes to retreat to a position ~20km away during a fight, but instead of retreating, they flew around in circles in front of 6 enemy assault frigates.  :blah:

Offline Roanoke

sure they're not set to aggressive tactics ? Wich mission, incidentally, Return to Kharak ?