Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 164757 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Alright, some more.

I still think we should have the 3rd CRF come North. More enemies could arrive, and we have to deal with two of the ? fleets and none of the weak Nordera. More enemies could arrive on the next turn. We shouldn't take the chance, get the support here now.

I think it's just the 1st fleets that are bigger, for being the 1st fleets. Both the 1st Cordi and 1st Nordera are supersize. I'm worried both 1st ? fleets will be supersize too.

Oh, and has anyone considered the possibility Spoon might just have another race up his sleeve that he hasn't told anyone about...  :nervous:

I could also imagine us finding something like "1st Cordi Elite" as a ? fleet.

Offline Flak

I believed you didn't missed this because you faced these guys yourself.

1st Cordi Fleet Fighters: 30+9 = 39
1st Cordi Fleet Capital: 18+15 = 33
Fighters at 150% Strength
Capital ships at 150% Strength

They have something like Swarm ability or something similar to UGC mercenaries.

Offline Lorric

I don't think it's a special because these were like this from the start. There were these as well:

1st Nordera Fleet Fighters: 18+8 = 26
1st Nordera Fleet Capital: 15+9 = 24
Fighters at 150% Strength
Capital ships at 150% Strength

Just bigger fleets. They never used a special, they just went straight in and attacked. We'll know if a 100% fleet ever goes up to 150%, but I think it's just their 1st fleet = their best fleet.

Offline Lorric

Fleet: 1st DD
First action: Minor, move to Draco.
Second action: Major, engage 4th Cordi fleet.
Fleet: 3rd SF
First Action: Minor - Move to Draco
Second Action: Major - Engage 4th Cordi Fleet
Fleet: 1st CRF
First action: Minor, move to Draco.
Second action: Major, engage 4th Cordi fleet.
Fleet: 1st UGCR
First action: Major, engage 1st Cordi Fleet.
Second action: None.
Fleet: 1st SF
First action: Major, engage 1st Cordi Fleet.
Second action: None.
Fleet: 2nd CRF
First action: Minor, Travel to Aldebaran
Second Action: Major, Engage 1st Cordi Fleet

Offline Flak

So it is just the elite mooks then. I am not sure if they will become 150% again if they resupplied, so it maybe a good idea if we send them all to hell before they get the chance to resupply.

What are the Nordera? Space orks?

Offline Veers

We're going on a bug hunt, We're going on a bug hunt, I'm not scared. I'm not scared.

Anyway, been lurking for the last 7 hours as I forgot my password and couldn't log on at work. Anyway, this is what I was thinking in regards to fleet deployment:

- Split our CRF fleets up. 2 North, 2 South. Their high morale will be a benefit to each sector.

- Send 1 DD fleet north. They are currently fairly weak but will get stronger later on. So we should try and maximise the chances of them getting experience in battle by pairing them with stronger fleets.

1st LSF will be receiving 4th Gen fighters, so move them north to reinforce that area.

We have 15 fleets total, overall I think we need to look at around 8 Fleets north and 7 fleets south for the moment. Making sure we have a mix of fleets in each area. Unless we need to to work as a combined force with their special abilities
 (Blitz for example, could work strongly together)

(EDIT: Or 7 North, 7 South with 1 backwards on standby to move into each area. Cover resupplies etc. Position would have to be rotated)

I wouldnt mind having one of the UGCR Fleets in the southern sector as well. Just for balance and added firepower of mercs if required. However, they may be better use right now moving from Sol towards Tauri.

Mind you, we are currently only vs 10 hostile fleets, 3 of which are unknown to us at this time. 5 in the Northern Sector and 5 in the Southern Sector.

(also noting, there are two unknown 1st Fleets. Which could be due to a lack of intelligence or an additional race as well).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:48:20 am by Veers »
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

They've always come across as that to me, but it's never been specified. That's how I'm treating them in my campaign.

They've always come across as that to me, but it's never been specified. That's how I'm treating them in my campaign.
WAAAAAAAGH?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Lorric

WAAAAAAAGH?

No WAAAAAAAGH. But I have something close. Though you won't see it in my demo, it will be in the 1.02 release if and when that comes.

EDIT: I've also got a "Kill da yoomanz. Kill 'em all."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Guys unfortunately my illness continues. I'm having a really hard time concentrating on things and I can't really sit behind the pc for more than an hour before my head starts feeling fuzzy.
I was really hoping I would feel better by today but alas.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
It's all good, Spoon. I am sure no one here would complain at you for taking time off when you're sick. Get some rest, take it easy, we'll still be here when you're feeling better.  :yes:
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Lorric

Guys unfortunately my illness continues. I'm having a really hard time concentrating on things and I can't really sit behind the pc for more than an hour before my head starts feeling fuzzy.
I was really hoping I would feel better by today but alas.

Have you seen a doctor? I've been a bit worried about you.

Offline Lorric

I said a while back I would comment on the first turn. That time has come. I will have a little to say on turn 2 as well. Spoon has certainly thrown a lot of surprises at us early on. First, a pleasant one:

I wondered if we would see these in the new WoD remake, but the urls tell me Spoon cooked these up just for the game. I wonder what else he has up his sleeve for us?

However I wasn't too pleased with having my turn essentially decided for me, and punished for disobeying, even though the punishment was light. It did make for some fun RP between us though, the "scandal" I caused. :) It's the only thing we have control over in the game, what we do with our one fleet every week. I like RP being introduced by Spoon into this, but I would hope our movements and strategies are left solely to us. Maybe some carrots could be dangled in front of us to give us decisions to make or incentives to move a certain way, but please keep the stick away. I don't know how others feel about this though.

The 150% enemy fleets was a surprise. So was the bypassing of Aldebaran, I thought we'd be able to hold there indefinately, but that little fantasy was put to bed on the very first turn, although it's only recently I came to realise the true danger posed by the incoming enemy fleet bypassing the starlance.

Which brings me to another surprise, I didn't think we'd see anything other than Nordera and Cordi for the first few turns, but it looks like the Fura'ngle and Zy are here already. They might not be, we might have "Elite Cordi" and "Elite Nordera" or something like that on our hands instead, who knows.

The difference between the Cordi and Nordera surprised me as well. Bottom line, we've already had a lot of surprises thrown our way, and I think we really need to expect the unexpected here. What else is in store for us? I'm looking forward to finding out...

It's really well presented, I like the map with all our fleets on it a lot, so much more easy on the eye than a simple set of information on that would be. I like how all the individual battles are broken down as well, and we finish up with our fleet status. I particularly like the moves being detailed, with the Unknown system for the enemy, it really feels like they're coming from somewhere rather than just being plopped on the map. I want to go see that somewhere! :)

And finally, the video. That is glorious, and I think it will be eclipsed by future videos. I do hope we get a video every turn, even if the turns need to be delayed to allow it, those videos are screaming out to be put into a playlist and all watched. I must have watched the turn 1 video like 20 times. I also like the mood the Turn 0 video establishes, it gives me a feeling of this alien menace slowly stalking it's prey looking over the systems they've jumped into. Either that or admiring their handiwork, having already conquered it.

On a personal note, in the past, I have said things like "If I was Spoon I would do this", "Spoon's Cordi" etc. But I feel that kind of goes against the spirit of what we have here, Spoon to me seems more like a facilitator of the game rather than a player trying to destroy us. He already told us he wouldn't one turn KO us. So I kind of feel it might have been making things seem competitive when that's exactly what I don't want something like this to be, I want it to be fun, so in future I will say things like "If I was the heirarchy I would do this" and "the Cordi". After all, if it was truly a competitive game, we couldn't be having Spoon read all our moves in advance, now could we? It's kind of like we're playing a turn-based video game, and Spoon is the computer rather than a player, if that makes sense. :)

Something else I'd also like, if it's possible and not too mch trouble, is for us to have a dedicated RP thread seperate from the strategy/chat. I have every confidence that this is going to be quite the saga, and that we're just getting started, and I think it would be good to split all the RP posts right now, for easy reading of what I'm sure will be an epic saga when all is said and done. The RP has exploded, and it is beautiful. It deserves it's own thread. What do others think about that?

Well that should do it. I hope this was of some value.

Offline Veers

In all honesty Lorric, I figured that it would play out like it did, and again in honesty, I am quite happy for Spoon to do it like that. Because he is controlling the external forces (Hostile, Our home sectors, ect ect and ect).

At least HRH did not try and relieve you of command though, I'm happy about that.

But we are going to have to weigh our decisions against what is 'expected' or 'required' of our fleets, and it is going to be very hard to do so against external forces that we know nothing or limited about. Rather similar to the your normal RP games and such. Very enjoyable but I think we are stacked against overall.

I'm contemplating what may happen for the 1st CRF, if anything at this stage.

Otherwise, I definitely agree with the high level of quality and positivity that the game, RPing and everything Spoon (and participants) are doing in general. :)

(Ok, my bedtime. Night)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:00:31 am by Veers »

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

You don't mean you saw everything coming, do you? Can you see the future? What does the future have in store for us? :)

It might grow on me potentially, I do think that what happened overall enhanced the game with the RP it produced, I enjoyed that, it was well worth taking the morale hit for in that respect. Besides, it might be other people's turn for that spotlight to fall on them now!  :p

Goodnight. :)

Offline Veers

I'm posting while sleep deprived...  :banghead: I think what I mean is Told by HRH not to retreat, and a retreat happened. So that opens the possibility of an action happening.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

I'm posting while sleep deprived...  :banghead: I think what I mean is Told by HRH not to retreat, and a retreat happened. So that opens the possibility of an action happening.

It's like "do as you're told or be punished."  Either way I lose, either take the punishment, or do something tactically unsound. So I did what was best for us, healing and making way for a stronger fleet to take my place.

I'd prefer "Do as you please, but if you do this, something nice might/will happen."

Sleep, Veers. :)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I'm finally recovering. Can't recall I've ever been this miserable for this long before. (Maybe I'm just getting old)

Let's restart where we left off this sunday
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Veers

As long as you are recovering, we'll all be looking forward to Sunday.

Until then, coping with WoD-related withdrawals by playing WoD. Makes sense. :)

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

I'm finally recovering. Can't recall I've ever been this miserable for this long before. (Maybe I'm just getting old)

Let's restart where we left off this sunday

I am happy for you.  :)

But don't push yourself trying to be ready for Sunday if you end up struggling.