Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 165013 times)

Offline Flak

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
umm, I thought those elves already get 5th gen by default

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You are maybe confusing Andrew (UGCR) with Droid (CSA)?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Whatever, big diff.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Flak

Maybe I just did? Right, maybe get some present in the form of Cyrvan fighters? Nerfed hard of course, because 'feeble merrans' have trouble with the controls.

Offline Lorric

Maybe I just did? Right, maybe get some present in the form of Cyrvan fighters? Nerfed hard of course, because 'feeble merrans' have trouble with the controls.
They would be wasted on us sadly. We can't handle them. I remember there was a pretty long debate about nerfing Aestivals for Terrans somewhere, and I'm pretty sure the outcome was that it isn't viable/worth it.

We've seen Aestivals before. I want to see Terran 4th Gen fighters in Spoon's vids! :D

If we get Cyrvan stuff, I want to see "2nd CSA" show up on the map. :pimp:

Anyway, the 1st LSF actually has a higher rating than the 1st CSA for fighters with their 4th gen fighters. The Cyrvans have been brutalised with the nerf bat now, they're only a little better than we are now. Who needs Aestivals! :D

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I figure the CSA fleet has approx 1/4 the ships of a Terran fleet  :p
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Weren't Aestivals really outdated, with current CSA forces not using them anymore?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Weren't Aestivals really outdated, with current CSA forces not using them anymore?
The JGASF had a couple of old Aestivals taken in the war. But the Cyrvans still have them, just newer versions. You can see at least one Aestival floating around in the latest turn video.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Hey, Spoon, you still alive? Don't take this to be a 'CAN WE PLAY YET?' complaint - thingy (I leave that for Lorric  :p) but I'm just worried for you, because we've heard nothing from you this last week.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

(I leave that for Lorric  :p)
Hey... :hopping:

:D

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Sorry about the lack of communication, didnt wanted to turn this into a 'Spoon whines about life blog'
In short its like this:
Yay done with antibiotics, lets get productive again  :)
Blah its hard to get into a working groove  :blah:
Yay LAN party this weekend  :)
I'm now tired from this LAN  :blah:
Augh, I caught a throat virus, and I was just getting used feeling healthy again!  :sigh:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Enioch

Spoon you're a mess. A likeable one, but a mess nonetheless. You must have the immune system of ... something with a very poor immune system.

Offline Lorric

I very rarely get sick
And that was the moment when fate began to chuckle... :sigh:

Your body must be starting to resemble your forum game with the different types of bugs flooding in to test your defences...

Well, good luck in repelling your "Heirarchy" so then we can continue to attempt to repel ours. :)

Offline Veers

Just like mine.. For some reason my immune system has flicked the off-switch. :/

Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It's been a while!
Good news though, we'll be able to continue the game very soon from now. (Currently resolving the RP bits with Enioch)
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

And they're whoppers.  :D

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The DoomStack™ came.
The DoomStack™ saw.
The DoomStack™ claimed one of fleets.

o7 2nd DD o7
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Dat capship strength  :eek:

Things are getting ... interesting.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
A new turn (at last!), vid in a bit. No set new turn deadline yet since I wanna give everyone involved enough time to realize things have restarted again.

Vice Admiral Georgiy Kuznetsov (Admiral MS), your fleet has been crushed under the Hertak tidal wave as you were resupplying.
Would you like to continue y/n?

So to share some of my thoughts on this forum game
First of all, its been far more successful then I expected it would be, even with my (rather frequent) inability to seemingly hold myself to the deadlines (and still not having caught up with the the turn vids), which is of course all thanks to you cool players.

Second of, what I've been struggling with is how long it takes to process a turn for me. (I honestly should get around to make a spreadsheet for easier info management) I'm thinking of ways to streamline this and right now I'm looking at the fighter/capital ship strength part of things. The original intent of having a seperate capital ship and fighter strength mechanic was to have it be... meaningful in some way. But right now, in its current state, I do not feel like it adds much to the game. More often than not, a fleet seems to be taking damage spread equally over fighters and capitalships anyway. So there might be a change to that coming (I'm open to your opinions on this)

Third, I have clearly underestimated the prowess of you admirals. I had fully expected the Hierarchy to have made it far far deeper into Terran territory by this point. Hell, I'm bloody nearly out of fleets to throw at you guys. (I could of course just conjure up some more out of thin air but hey) And because of that, it seems the Sol Force fleets have sort of gotten the short end of the special ability stick. There has been very few occasions where a blitz might have been useful. This in contrast to the other abilities which have seen use throughout the whole game so far. I'm also going to be looking at changing that (again, open to opinions) 

Urutorahappī!!