Author Topic: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.4 (Linux & Mac OS X)  (Read 29086 times)

Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.4
Have the same AVG issue..   anyone know how to role back the patch?

On the plus side,  the refuelling mission no longer seems to crash since A) disabling AVG and B) installing the patch..  so one of those seems to cure it  :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Can't you just tell AVG to ignore the warning? It's a false positive - a lot of FSO builds after a certain revision have been giving this because antivirus software heuristics don't like something in the codebase.

Hi General,

I did try that..   but it still seemed to block it anyway.

I'm sorted now though..  just downloaded the original version again,  this time for Linux and having no problems at all.

Thanks for the help  :)

Libs

In the instructions it said to delete the R1.0.3_Patch.vp, R1.0.2_Patch.vp, R1.0.1_Patch.vp but I could not find any them in the Diaspora folder. I also tried downloading the program again, but I still didn't find the patches that has the exact name. I'm staring to wonder if the instructions were talking about the different patches that had .vp at the end.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:02:36 pm by Ragewarp9 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The 1.0.4 patch contains everything that the earlier patches have so if you have freshly installed the game it's the only thing you need to add.

If you've installed the earlier patches you need to get rid of the files you mentioned because they can actually override the 1.0.4 patch. If you never installed the other patches you can ignore this step.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Ok and what is the new thing I have to add

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well the patch should add the 1.0.4 VP file and also give you a new executable.

and do i delete R1_Core.vp, effects.vp, interface.vp, movies.vp, ships.vp, sound.vp, and textures.vp and replace it with R1.0.4_Patch.vp?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
No, don't do that :)

Here are the VPs I have in my 1.0.4 install - you want all the original VPs plus R1.0.4_Patch.vp.

R1.0.4_Patch.vp  R1_Core.vp  R1_Effects.vp  R1_Interface.vp  R1_Movies.vp  R1_Ships.vp  R1_Sound.vp  R1_Textures.vp
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Ok, thanks for the help

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.0.4 Release Candidate 1
Not sure if this was present before the patch or not, but in the mission to refuel Theseus I chose to fly a Mk VIIE. Upon landing at the end of that mission, then relaunching from the flight pod once the jump to Virgon had happened, I suddenly find myself flying a Mk VII (and rearmed at that)!
<><

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Hrmm the player should have red-alert carry status in M6...
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Hmm, I am still getting a crash on mission 6. Wxlauncher>Mods>Diaspora>Info says: "/home/marco/Diaspora/(no mod).

The new patch is in both the Diaspora and the Diaspora/patches folders and my game has not had any previous patches. So either there is a bug in wxlauncher or the patch doesnt work. Btw Editing pro00*9.ini shows that mod= and modline= are both empty. Changing them to the location of the patch has no effect on the Diaspora profile even after deleting and re adding the profile. I will rebuild wxlauncher and maybe fs2_open soon to check.

Running Fedora 18  x86_64 with the latest Catalyst.

Rebuilding wxlauncher has no effect.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
I believe crashes are still known to happen in mission 6, even with the latest patch.

Please post a debug log by building a debug build of fs2_open (see the README that came with Diaspora for instructions) and following these instructions.

Also please re-add your profile ini file according to the README to ensure that the values are correct. The mod and modline fields should be blank, because you aren't using any Diaspora mods. The 1.0.4 patch is not considered to be a mod. (Actual mods can be found here.)

When you view the info for Diaspora on the mods tab, do the "Shattered Armistice" logo and description text ("The Cylons have returned." etc.) also appear? The "(No mod)" isn't a problem.

Here is my old pro00099.ini (Which is wrong I assume) - http://paste.fedoraproject.org/3424/

Also, changing the resolution either from wxlauncher or pro00099.ini doesn't work. I think it uses 1600x900 or 1280x720 for some reason, and when I quit the game (or it crashes), the resolution sticks and does not revert to my previous resolution, but the output doesn't shrink, it just shows a 1600x900 or 1280x720 crop of 1920x1080 (my default resolution).

And yeah wxlauncher says the cylons have returned and such

PS What does the debug build do?

PPS Why don't the devs just release the game pre-patched?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The patch is meant to fix the problems that turned up after our first release. Re-releasing the game after every patch would probably be a bigger support nightmare as it would make it much harder to know which version people were running.

Patches will get folded into our next release and hopefully we'll one day be able to get the launcher to auto-patch. But for now, that's really the best we can do.

Now I'm not a Linux user so I can't comment much on it, but the use of pro00099.ini sounds horribly wrong to me. On Windows that's the name of the temporary file that is imported by the launcher and used to generate the .ini file the launcher does use. On Windows it's deleted afterwards (or simply forgotten about in %temp%, I forget which) and even if it is still on the system, editing it will do nothing because the Launcher ignores it completely.

Again, I'm not a Linux user and the install may be completely different but if the procedure was the same you should have a pro0000x.ini where x is 0 or 1 which will be the one the launcher is actually using.

In any case, the debug build does not have the mission 6 problem so far.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Here is my old pro00099.ini (Which is wrong I assume) - http://paste.fedoraproject.org/3424/

Also, changing the resolution either from wxlauncher or pro00099.ini doesn't work. I think it uses 1600x900 or 1280x720 for some reason, and when I quit the game (or it crashes), the resolution sticks and does not revert to my previous resolution, but the output doesn't shrink, it just shows a 1600x900 or 1280x720 crop of 1920x1080 (my default resolution).
Editing pro00099.ini on its own won't do anything. You'll need to open the launcher, delete the Diaspora profile, also delete pro00099.ini (but not pro00099.template.ini), then follow the instructions in the Diaspora README for creating pro00099.ini and adding it to the launcher's set of profiles.

As for the resolution, check what resolution appears in ~/.fs2_open/fs2_open.ini. Does 1920x1080 appear in the launcher's list of resolutions?

Also,
and when I quit the game (or it crashes), the resolution sticks and does not revert to my previous resolution, but the output doesn't shrink,
I don't understand this. Could you reword it?

PS What does the debug build do?
It produces a debug log (fs2_open.log) as it runs with information that can help track down problems. The Diaspora README has more information.

I don't know / can't find the fs2_open.ini file... fs2_open_diaspora_debug is in the Diaspora folder, not fs2_open, as the README told me...

@ jg18 When I say the resolution doesn't shrink I mean that the display it is outputting 1920x1080, but I am getting only 1600 x 900 pixels of 1920x1080 - http://i.imgur.com/bApDi9y.png
I did remove the profile and re-add it...

Also, crashes are aback on the debug build, but they seem to be different - instead of the game freezing and executing massive disk I/O then crashing, the game just quits instantly (usually while someone is speaking)... I haven't had any other crashes on other missions...

EDIT: I have also encountered this crash just now on mission 3, so it is not exclusive to mission 6. This time it crashed when another ship impacted on mine. Apparently, the game was still running, so I had to press 'Kill' on wxlauncher.

EDIT II: A reproducible crash is: On a mission (in my case mission 3), change the setting on the 'Deail' tab (F2) and hit apply. The game will crash.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:03:23 am by zheoffec »