Author Topic: RELEASE: Fortune Hunters - 2259 (TBP)  (Read 22841 times)

Offline Devean

Re: RELEASE: Fortune Hunters - 2259 (TBP)
You know that if you really want to cheat you can make ships invincible by going "` + shift + i" when you have them targeted right?
Now I know that, thanks :). I'll try that the next time.

Fail the mission 5 times in a row.
You should be getting the "Skip this mission" option.
I did :). And it brought me back to the same briefing :(.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Uh...if skipping the mission brings you back to the same one...something may be broken with the campaign file :o
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Actually there was a bug in the code that resulted in skipping a mission not skipping it.  It's fixed in 3.6.12 but until that is final TBP can't use 3.6.12 builds as I need to update Zathras for them.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Devean

Actually there was a bug in the code that resulted in skipping a mission not skipping it.  It's fixed in 3.6.12 but until that is final TBP can't use 3.6.12 builds as I need to update Zathras for them.
Yeah, I noticed that in the Earth-Brakiri War. I just couldn't pass the asteroid mission. And skipping caused replay. I'm using 3.6.9, and indeed, I tried the 12 build, but some error appeared.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Yes and ironically I'm the one that found most of those errors and requested the checking be added to the code.  Shouldn't be long after 3.6.12 is final that the next Zathras is available. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Toranks

Sorry to revive such an old post, but I think there is a mistake in one of the missions, the one to destroy 6 transports before they escape. I manage to destroy 4 by rapidly shooting the engines, but 2 always escapes me. Even redirecting the power to the engines at maximum, it is very difficult to hit all 6 transports on the engines at time, and also return alive with all this space station, laser turrets, and enemy ships fire. When the last transport escapes, they ask me to go back to the jumpgate, escaping and fighting several more enemies, but the mission is considered lost on the briefing screen, preventing me from continuing. It forces me to repeat the mission. Only if I destroy all 6 transports will it allow me to continue, but that objective is a bonus objective, as indicated on the mission screen.

I managed to pass the mission by reducing the transports cruising speed to 20 in EBW_08b.fs2 file, in case it might help someone unable to beat this mission.

Line 1147:
Code: [Select]
   ( cap-waypoint-speed "CR Salz" 20 )
   ( cap-waypoint-speed "CR Kuemmel" 20 )
   ( cap-waypoint-speed "CR Thymian" 20 )
   ( cap-waypoint-speed "CR Pfeffer" 20 )
   ( cap-waypoint-speed "CR Sellerie" 20 )
   ( cap-waypoint-speed "CR Lauch" 20 )

Otherwise, I love this mission, it's spectacular. And in general the whole campaign.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Interesting bug-report, as all that did work at some point (half a lifetime ago).

All I can say is: Do all the changes you want, all of my TBP-work is in the community-domain. That includes fix-releases, re-releases, re-mixes and other stuff as long as you include the original credits.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.