Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

New board

<< < (3/5) > >>

Nuclear1:
I've not played any recent RTS game in a while. The most recent I believe was C&C: Generals, which I quite enjoyed.

I'm actually going back to older RTS games for a while, particularly the Red Alert series and Starcraft.

Aardwolf:
StarCraft is awesome, Blizzard should make a StarCraft 2 RTS. I haven't played SC:Ghost, but I'd prefer an RTS as a sequel, not a lousy FPS or 3rdPS "meanwhile-quel."

Sarafan:
Starcraft 2 should be made in the same way that Warcraft 3 was made, by this I mean combining rpg elements into the rts but with a more ''serious'' tone. All I wanna know is what the heck that Duran was.

Nuclear1:

--- Quote from: Sarafan on July 22, 2006, 11:25:23 pm ---Starcraft 2 should be made in the same way that Warcraft 3 was made, by this I mean combining rpg elements into the rts but with a more ''serious'' tone. All I wanna know is what the heck that Duran was.

--- End quote ---

It may just be me, but I disliked the complexity of WC3's RPG element, mostly just the items. SC2 would be fine if they solely kept the experience gaining and persistency of heroes like Raynor throughout the campaign, but there was just something about collecting items that just wouldn't seem right in the SC universe.

Aardwolf:
I think Duran was a Xel'Naga. That's just IMO. It's hard for to see him as anything else. I agree about the items, but I'm not sure about experience in a StarCraft 2. If he was Terran, why, when the Zerg infested him (if they did, I assume so because in the editor you can create an "Infested Duran" which is exactly the same as good old normal Samir Duran), did he look just like he did before?

@Sarafan: Can I assume, then, that you've played the bonus mission in SC:BW?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version