Author Topic: Coming soon: Deep Blood  (Read 11374 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Coming soon: Deep Blood
And I just want to let you know, Mobius, for all I'm hard on you I think you're a great modder and you've already sold me on your own main project. This isn't about you.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Coming soon: Deep Blood
Well you can add this mini-review of mine to that description, just to have a better idea of what I think about Deep Blood:

This doesn't qualify as the classic uber campaign from back in the days, but that doesn't mean players can't find it enjoyable. Snail underlined the analogies with Derelict which, while notable at first, don't compromise this campaign's partial originality. The ending answers one of the many questions fans can think of after playing FreeSpace 2, and TBH I don't understand why this campaign doesn't have a sequel.

FREDding wasn't that great: most of the edits are, in fact, focused on improving that aspect of the campaign. Missing directives, bugs... many things affected gameplay in the old version and it took quite a few hours to hunt down these problems and solve them. Also included in the process is the addition of a number of FSO features you're going to see. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]