Author Topic: RELEASE: 次元のエクリプス - Dimensional Eclipse 1.1  (Read 43529 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Re: RELEASE: 次元のエクリプス - Dimensional Eclipse 1.1
Patch 1 now is using a mediafire link. I'm totally clueless as to what the issue of Stronghold is entirely, so it may be a long time before I get that fixed...
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Flak

Probably the game engine gets overwhelmed by the large amount of particles?

Sorry for the double post but I found a quick fix for the bug. Destroy the transport before it docks with the station and then you will not get the crash.

Happened to me , too. I confirmed it, the Quick fix is a solution. (Took me a while to figure that out)

I encountered a ctd in the mission "Defense", right after the Fuyukaze mentions: "I don't think we have 'a few more minutes'". Tried several times, still crashed at the same line. It "could" be a problem on my part, because I'm using the German version of the game (corrupt strings.tbl). But as far as I read, this shouldn't affect the game's stability in such a way to let it crash. :wtf:
If anyone with a German version got past that point, let me/us/them know, to ensure the problem lies elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:57:18 pm by WorldsDawn »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
There might be some incompatibilities with the tstrings.tbl or whatnot if you're actually playing in German which could cause crashing/debug errors to pop up.
Though I don't think the version itself should be a problem if played in english. I don't own a german version so I couldn't check.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Would it be too much to ask for, if some kind person could upload his Strings.tbl so I can have a flawless experience?  :nervous:

I'm finding an unfortunate bug in the Stronghold mission, using 3.6.18 exe, the 1.1 patch, and also the hud files patch. Moments after the Belphegor jumps in the game consistently CTD's with no log.
I've been getting the same issue, but I can consistently reproduce it by destroying one of the Belphegor's forward railguns.

I'm getting to another point where I can't pass a mission because a condition seems not to be satisfied.

Spoiler:
In the mission where you have to defeat the Belphegor, you're put up against two wings of fighters and two cruisers plus the Belphegor. I can kill everything except the Belphegor, which stays impervious at 100%. The condition of killing Psi wing seems never to be satisfied even though they're all destroyed.

So in the 1.1 update I am getting a peculiar bug that I'm not getting in the vanilla version.  Doubled HUD!

Any ideas?

I'm running 3_6_18 release version and have my cockpit mod disabled.

My arguments are:

-ambient_factor 35 -ogl_spec 80 -spec_exp 15 -spec_point 1.2 -spec_static 1.5 -spec_tube 1.5 -bloom_intensity 35 -mod ReticleMod -fov 0.90 -spec -glow -env -mipmap

The ReticleMod just makes the center reticle bigger and easier to see when using Track IR, btw--and doesn't seem to be the culprit, either.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think this problem also occurred in BluePlanet.  What res are you running in?  Changing to a different res may work-around the problem.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

1920x1080

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
maybe try something like 1440x900, or 1280x1024 and see if you still get the doubled hud?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

So I lowered it all the way down to 1280x960 and I still get the doubled hud, albeit shifted just to one side with the rest of the stuff visible.  I only have this problem in DE 1.1 and nothing else--well, except for the Lightning Marshal mod in just the Hercules ship.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
sounds like a different issue to what BP had then, probably need to examine the hud gauges table in detail to figure out what's going wrong.
----
----

Well I'll be.  I dug around in my mediavps_3612 directory and discovered inside the /data/tables subdirectory a hudgauges.tbl file.  I dunno how that got there--I must have put it there years ago when I was tweaking the cockpitmod (which I later converted to an independent -mod argument and directory).  So I removed the hudgauges.tbl files... and the problem went away.  :)

PEBKAC and ID 10T errror.  Problem solved.  :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:13:40 pm by Mr_Blastman »

Okay so I can't beat the campaign.  Mission C3:08 part 2, after it says something like:

"That last flash jump burned out our transpace driver" it crashes, every single time to desktop (well, stops responding).  I don't know what to do.  I want to beat the campaign so bad as you all have done awesome work.

Ideas?

Offline Droid803

Well, it might be because of http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84900.0 which causes an error-less CTD (stops working).
hasn't been fixed and until it is I can't exactly check if this is related or not - same symptoms and whatnot.
it's been reported and mantis'd though

I have a nagging suspiscion that it may be related to all the other CTDs I've been hearing of ever. Though maybe that's wishful thinking haha.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Droid803

This is no longer supported, due to a number of issues that arose.
Apparently, nobody bothered cleaning the modpack or testing this before releasing, and I was not consulted over the contents of this before releasing.

For now, please use 1.0 which, while outdated, was at least tested to work at one point.

Thank you.
(´・ω・`)