Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Frontlines

[RELEASE] - GTFg Jupiter

<< < (2/4) > >>

xenocartographer:
If I've done it right, it should just be a matter of saving that as jupiter-sct.tbm and setting up the animation in your table and POF. Look at the Albanus if you need guidance.

Actually, come to think of it, I could test it with the Albanus. I'll add that to my to-do list for tomorrow.

Black Wolf:
It does indeed work, but it doesn't reset when the ship isn't moving (I've added the "reset when idle" flag to no effect). Is that expected behaviour? I'm not very well versed at all in scripting, but my reading of the script suggests that there's no way to make it work backwards at this point.

When it moves though, it looks great, exactly as I wanted. If I could get it to reset, then I could definitely release it sans hydraulics, and hold off on the final version of the model until after look_at gets re-implemented.

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: Black Wolf on March 25, 2017, 10:38:55 am ---It does indeed work, but it doesn't reset when the ship isn't moving (I've added the "reset when idle" flag to no effect). Is that expected behaviour? I'm not very well versed at all in scripting, but my reading of the script suggests that there's no way to make it work backwards at this point.

--- End quote ---
It's supposed to play the animation backwards when the ship stops moving; that's what the "engines" variable is for in this call:

--- Code: ---ship:triggerAnimation("scripted", 0, engines)

--- End code ---
The fact that it isn't reversing would be a bug (although whether it's a bug with the animation system, the Lua interface, or the script itself is an open question).

xenocartographer:
That's exactly right. The final parameter to ship:triggerEngines indicates whether to play the animation forwards (true) or backwards (false... which, come to think of it, is ironically backwards itself, but whatever), and the engines variable is set based on whether the ship's thruster is active or not.

I guess we'll know more once I get a chance to test it myself. The script is nearly identical to my engine glow manager, which I know works properly, so I think it's a bug in the animation system and/or the Lua API. I've got some workarounds to try out if so.

UPDATE: Okay, I got in a test with an Albanus, and saw the desired behavior (the Albanus' pods flipped down when it was moving and reverted when it wasn't). I've attached my test case. Open up 0.fs2 in the tech room, flip on the third-person camera, and watch your own ship as you activate and deactivate your thrusters.

BW, can you post up the ships.tbl data for the relevant subsystems? The PCS subobject data couldn't hurt, either. Alternatively, it may be a versioning issue; I'm working on 3.7.4 here.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: xenocartographer on March 25, 2017, 03:42:05 pm ---UPDATE: Okay, I got in a test with an Albanus, and saw the desired behavior (the Albanus' pods flipped down when it was moving and reverted when it wasn't). BW, can you post up the ships.tbl data for the relevant subsystems? The PCS subobject data couldn't hurt, either. Alternatively, it may be a versioning issue; I'm working on 3.7.4 here.

--- End quote ---
Ah, yes, the one possibility I didn't think of: it could also be bad data. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version