Author Topic: New Homeworld-esque games out in 2022  (Read 1575 times)

New Homeworld-esque games out in 2022
NEBULOUS: Fleet Command (available now on Steam, early access).

Considering trying this out. Looks like The Expanse meets Homeworld, with a lot of tactical depth. Modding support is planned for the final release.

Two other ones I'm anticipating this year:

Terra Invicta

Homeworld meets XCOM.

Fragile Existence

Homeworld meets Planetary Annihilation.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 11:17:55 am by lostllama »

Re: New Homeworld-esque games out in 2022
hhhhhhhh

I restarted Homeworld Remastered last night, so this is VERY relevant to my interests

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
hhhhhhhh

I restarted Homeworld Remastered last night, so this is VERY relevant to my interests

Funnily enough (terrifying when I first played Cataclysm) I re-started Emergence recently too  :yes:

First game looks like i'd get a nosebleed trying to intercept all the inbound ordnance   :shaking:

Second one.....those explosions........they lost me.

Third one........Ooh baby.  The B5 inspiration is evident in the ship design, not a bad thing.  But i like the look of it,

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

First game looks like i'd get a nosebleed trying to intercept all the inbound ordnance   :shaking:
They know how to make a trailer though! Hopefully they put some of that skill into the UI design though...

Me: I don't know what you're talking about, the game looks pretty neat to me.
Exploding ship: *piff*
Me: Ah

They know how to make a trailer though! Hopefully they put some of that skill into the UI design though...

According to the reviews, the UI is streamlined/polished even though it may not look so, the dev is actually a naval officer so I think they chose this style based on what they're familiar with. I think if you know how to play Children of a Dead Earth then you'd likely already have a good grip on what's involved.

Me: I don't know what you're talking about, the game looks pretty neat to me.
Exploding ship: *piff*
Me: Ah

From what I gather the behaviour of objects exploding in a vacuum would be somewhat different to that of those exploding inside an atmosphere, in particular there wouldn't be a shockwave due to the lack of an external gas medium (obviously stars are an exception as they have an atmosphere), so it'd be more of a flash than an expanding fireball.

But, Rule of Cool, right?

Third one........Ooh baby.  The B5 inspiration is evident in the ship design, not a bad thing.  But i like the look of it,

I'm looking forward to how it turns out. It's a single dev working on this one too. There's been no news on it since October, hope he can resume updates soon.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 02:19:05 pm by lostllama »