Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

[Progress Update] In The Beginning

<< < (3/6) > >>

Trivial Psychic:
More updates.  I've been through the entire thing, and aside from some further tweaks here and there, I've pretty much got all of the ships I need performing jump speed the way I want them.  I have found however, that invoking the time factor adjustment trick only seems necessary when dealing with Minbari for some reason.

Anyway, yesterday and part of this morning, I went on a ripping spree.  With a couple of pieces of software, I extracted and cut all of the voice files from the movie, and a couple of other sources, that are necessary to play the campaign with the English audio instead of the Russian that was included.  I haven't tested all of the missions with the new English audio though, so I may have to adjust the gain (volume) or re-cut them if it doesn't fit well enough.

den5:
Wow cool! After so many years, you are still working on it :yes:

Since we now have custom warp parameters, how relevant is this feature and can be enable it?

https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Feature_Requests#Warping_Without_Vortex

Also for more illusion one could add a couple of additional parameters to the custom warp:

Warping time effect
Warping ship deceleration/acceleration

If I'm right it should be something like this
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BIVngdJUGhyWUNyEE75idaNPCyoH6IeT/view?usp=sharing

Trivial Psychic:
The accel/decel controls are only enabled with certain non-TBP warp effects.  What I've been doing is forcing a 0.1 warp size for anything that I don't want to generate an effect, and change the warp start and close sounds to zero.  The accel/decel speed is best controlled right now by combining warping speed and warping time.  Most of the time I just need to use warp speed, but for some reason Minbari fighters give me trouble when warping along with a war cruiser, so I sometimes have to set the time parameter to 0.2 or 0.1.

My latest efforts are involving attempts to secure more head anis.  I've found a piece of software that works for me to extract the video segments that I want, and I've secured a pledge of support from mjn.mixael to convert them to anis properly.  I went through the film to get a bunch, and I'm currently making a pass through the main series to find anything useful, but I've gone a bit overboard on that.  I'm mainly looking for more EA pilot heads, and people that can work as bridge officers.  Once I'm satisfied that I have everything I need, I'll sort through them for the best ones and then send them on to mjn for conversion.

I'm also considering creating names for the various pilots flying with you.  As the campaign creator, I'd appreciate any ideas you have on that.  PM me if you're interested.

wesp5:
Regarding animations, take a look at Mag's Star Fury Missions. He converted a lot of German TV scenes which you can see because the logo is there ;)! Also I would guess a warp in effect at full speed but without the jump point vortex would look like ships jumping in from Star Wars, would it not?

Trivial Psychic:
I haven't tested out non-TBP warp effects, but what I've created works well for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version