Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

[Progress Update] In The Beginning

<< < (4/6) > >>

den5:

--- Quote from: Trivial Psychic on April 30, 2022, 07:35:25 am ---The accel/decel controls are only enabled with certain non-TBP warp effects.
--- End quote ---
Yes I know. This is a question for coders, but it seems not in this thread.

--- Quote ---My latest efforts are involving attempts to secure more head anis.
--- End quote ---
Zathras contains a Revan.vp file with new head anis. You may find something suitable.

--- Quote ---I'm also considering creating names for the various pilots flying with you.
--- End quote ---
Sounds logical since you added more chatter. But I'll leave pilots name up to you. I'm not good at names maker, sorry.

Trivial Psychic:

--- Quote from: den5 on April 30, 2022, 10:27:42 pm ---
--- Quote ---My latest efforts are involving attempts to secure more head anis.
--- End quote ---
Zathras contains a Revan.vp file with new head anis. You may find something suitable.

--- End quote ---
All of the head anis from Revan are in the current TBP release, though they've been changed to a new naming standard.  Also, some of the ones included don't quite match my needs.  The messages seem to want to wait until the ani has finished playing before going on to the next message, and if the message is short but the ani is longer, then messages that are supposed to happen in rapid succession are spaced out more, and timing for events will be out of sync.  There are also instances when the included ani shows someone calmly saying something, when the message content should be shouting, so I need something that matches.  I'm being QUITE thorough, going through each episode one by one to look for good candidates.  I'm nearly through Season 4, but even after finishing Season 5, that still leaves 3rd Space, ACTA, ROS, and Crusade.  Some of them have already come from these sources, but I'd like to make my own pass through to be sure.  I'm mostly looking for EA pilots and EA officers.

I'm also considering custom mission loading screens, ship nameplates, and perhaps even some simple anis for command briefings.

Trivial Psychic:
Thanks to considerable assistance and patience from mjn.mixael, I now have a significant boost to the number of Head ANIs available to me, though I may have to attempt a do-over on some of them, as they are under low lighting and so are very dark and have few details.  I'm gonna try to boost the contrast on the images and see if mjn.mixael will reconvert them for me.  For the moment however, I'm going through mission by mission and taking advantage of my new heads.  I'm also working on the character names and adding some interaction to make them feel like real people.

Thanks to some direction from Orph3u5, I've also succeeded in making my first custom loading screen.  The biggest challenge will be deciding on what image to display for the missions.

I also used some of the guides I found in the old Zathras packs to create my first custom nameplate.  It's a pity though, that TBP ships don't have the same nameplate style as FS2, which would make things much easier, but that would require an active modding team for TBP, as opposed to an individual making their own mod.  Anyway, my first attempt was more success through fortune rather than skill, making an attempt to make accompanying glow and shinemaps very difficult using my method.  I'll need to give it some more effort when I can spare the time.

I am considering inserting an in-game cutscene in place of the command briefing Den5 used.

I've still got a long way to go.

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: Trivial Psychic on May 23, 2022, 01:05:33 am ---The biggest challenge will be deciding on what image to display for the missions.

--- End quote ---

That is part of the beauty of Axem's script - you don't need to narrow it down to one, you can just tell the script to randomly pick one from a selection. :)

And since you don't need to crop screenshots down to the old UI resolutions and aspect ration (you just enter a base resolution into the script's table), you can use screenshots straight from the game, which you only have to process if you are also using the option to display text.

Trivial Psychic:
I saw that, I mean deciding which images to create that best set the stage for each mission.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version