Author Topic: New install errors  (Read 702 times)

Offline Xium

Installed, can't use 64bit exe on 64bit system... get 0xc000007b error

Use ASX exe, can play tutorial but then I get a not enough ram error, clocking the debug button does nothing
memory.cp
line 8

:(

Please help.
Apathy is a virtue.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Hi Xium!

Can you tell us a bit more about the computer you're trying to run this on? And if possible, follow these instructions to get a fs2_open.log file?
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,56279.msg1180359.html#msg1180359
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Xium

bit of a toaster
i3 with 2 2.3Ghz
4gb ram, intel HD 520

It started working and stopped again. Was letting me restart the game to continue, but no longer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dngvnlTVF5y23Qi9KCUniYWw3YSlnJ-w/view?usp=sharing

Server wouldn't let me attach 80KB...
Apathy is a virtue.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
No worries! Try removing the MVPS advanced packages, they're pretty intensive even on modern machines and might be the reason you're running out of memory. If it's still happening after that, post another log. Also, make sure shadows are disabled as they're going to be quite resource intensive on older hardware.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Xium

Thanks, seems to be working a charm so far. I have another issue.
Sometimes on the mission log the audio cuts, never happens with the tutorials. The last time this happened it crashed.
Apathy is a virtue.