Author Topic: FREESPACE Doom III Project  (Read 10246 times)

FREESPACE Doom III Project
How does everyone like my terran marine so far, i know the hands are a little deformed but ill fix that and ad more detail.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 12:41:10 am by 1012 »

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by General Yoda
How does everyone like my terran marine so far, i know the hands are a little deformed but ill fix that and ad more detail.

it is very good, but I'd suggest you bend the arms down: a quake3 human model doesn't really need to raise his arms that far, and when you apply the skinning to a mesh like that, when the characters takes a normal pause ( arms along the body ), which such a configuration that will most likely result in horrible deformations for the shoulders, and with those shoulder plates, that would be even worse. you'll probably want to set that look by yourself and not let the package you're using ( btw, which one is it, sorry if you said it already ) handle that. It's just practical, but that will save you a lot of skinning adjustements. So my advice is to bend them 45° down.
SCREW CANON!

yeah that sounds likea good idea :)  , i used 3ds max and i modeled the head in a program called nendo.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 08:32:34 am by 1012 »

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
very nice

i think that first of all, the legs are a bit small and weak-looking
secondly, the front and back armour plates (on his torso) look too much like flat boards, you're working with alot of polies with the doom3 engine, use em man

otherwise...:yes: :yes:

edit: about the ground combat, it'de be cool if you could fly around in ships close to the ground, and like, take out bases and such, NTF ofcourse (or vasudan if its the Terran-Vasudan war). check out the FreesaceForever demo made by Inquisitor, it uses the torque engine but it gets the idea through very well
« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 02:56:23 pm by 644 »

don't worry i am making adjustments, the pic i have posted is not a complete model.  I am also sure it will look a lot better with a texture too :).  About ground combat i supose there could be some i'm not sure how big the maps can be but theres always a scale adjustment :)

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Sounds great
but what would be the minimum system specs....

Some of us are still running around 400 to 700 mhz...
My specs are
Intell pentium III
600mhz
bus speed 100mhz
384mb ram

Am currently running a radeon 7500 64mb vidram
hope you make strides in this project :yes:
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Solatar

How much does Doom III cost? You know I've got to play everything that has to do with Freespace.

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Hades
How much does Doom III cost? You know I've got to play everything that has to do with Freespace.

it's not out yet, and not anytime soon I think. Later this year you will know, young padawan.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Solatar

So we're making a MOD for a game that hasn't come out yet?

*Goes away in "happy place" anad starts thinking*

i don't understand i know plenty of people making doom 3 mods :) , and plenty of UT2003 mods started out before the game came out, i don't see the problem anyway someone asked before about the system requirements i'm not sure on the game's requirements but i know to get the maximum graphics effects you need something equivilent to a GeForce 3.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Doom3 deeds  radeon 9700 or geforceFX
 to play doom but this Doom3 project has one problem freespace is space sim and Doom3 is FPS
game so you must heavy edit doom3 engine to make this project work because in doom3 can make good ground battles but make
doom3 to space hmm

:wtf:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by SILVER DRACON
Doom3 deeds  radeon 9700 or geforceFX
 to play doom but this Doom3 project has one problem freespace is space sim and Doom3 is FPS
game so you must heavy edit doom3 engine to make this project work because in doom3 can make good ground battles but make
doom3 to space hmm

:wtf:

another guy who reads the full thread before posting obviously :rolleyes:

Don't reply to that Yoda, he'll rtft if he wants to find out...

Btw, I've seen a starwars spacesim mod for half life, so...
SCREW CANON!

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
ok i have wait until i see pics
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi