Author Topic: Missions wont load at all on mac?  (Read 1513 times)

Missions wont load at all on mac?
Hi all! I have one of the newer versions of the macbook pro, baseline 13" with 8GB ram and running mountain lion. I downloaded the game just fine, ran the run me once file, and opened the game just fine. However, whenever I attempt to start the first mission, or multiplayer, it quits saying Fs2_open quit unexpectedly. I am not really a tech guy and dont know too much about computers, just a big BSG fan. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Much appreciated

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Missions wont load at all on mac?
Run a debug build and post your fs2_open.log ... directions should be in my sig.  They are for FreeSpace, so, obviously, replace "FreeSpace2" with "Diaspora" in the directions.

Ok, I think i did everything right... I've attached the file fs2_open.log, so I hope so haha! If i did something wrong in the process (which with me, is very likely!) just let me know an I'll try to correct that.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
  OpenGL Vendor    : Intel Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer  : Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
  OpenGL Renderer  : Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
  OpenGL Version   : 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1883

Yep, kinda expected that to be the issue. We did say in the release thread that integrate Intel chips aren't powerful enough to run the game. That said, some people have had success if they turn the settings down. Switching off post processing in the Advanced Settings->Troubleshooting section of the launcher has helped quite a few people for instance.