Author Topic: HTL Anubis  (Read 20872 times)

Only the HOL do that...

Isn't there something in one of the techrooms about a Destroyer being taken out by suicide attacks? Or am I misremembering.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Quote from: techroom
A few radical Vasudans have been known to load the ship with explosives and attempt to steer themselves into GTA capital ships. The first occurrence of this was the battle of Rexias 4, where the GTD Goliath was destroyed by a squadron of kamikaze pilots.

Yeah. Radicals. prolly means its not standard practice.
Only fanatics like the HoL do that.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Solatar

Battle of Rexias 4, an Orion was destroyed by PVN pilots doing the same thing. Although it's still a very rare thing it seems.

Others got to it first. :p

Quote from: techroom
A few radical Vasudans have been known to load the ship with explosives and attempt to steer themselves into GTA capital ships. The first occurrence of this was the battle of Rexias 4, where the GTD Goliath was destroyed by a squadron of kamikaze pilots.

Yeah. Radicals. prolly means its not standard practice.
Only fanatics like the HoL do that.

Er, except the HoL didn't exist until the Shivans came.
     Which means that radicals are present in the PVN, or at least there were prior to the Shivans. Radical does not mean Religious Fanatic.  Not all the radicals joined the HoL, and not all people in the HoL are radical.
     It also means its been done more than once, and probably more than twice. Standard practice, no, of course not.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Not that it matters TOO much, but the "sensors" sub-system of the Anubis seems to be set fairly squarely on the upper pod.

Of course so is the eyepoint...I digress. I'll take what I'm given.
Uhh, if the eyepoint is on the top one, doesn't that mean it's the top one that should have the pilot in it?

And BTW, the Anubis is specified as a "Light Skirmish" craft.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Rexias 4?   :wtf: I agree it's a sensor pod, but please don't add machinery. I like the glossy look on it. Maybe you could do somthing like this though:
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Tyrkeyz/?action=view&current=anubis.png Except the bars would be equally spaced... I can't draw very well

Offline Droid803

Machinery inside the shiny glass :P
(´・ω・`)

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I know, but my point is there's no rexias system

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
It's a planet. Just like Cygnus Prime in Deneb.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
And BTW, the Anubis is specified as a "Light Skirmish" craft.
Which is techspeak for cannon-fodder.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
No, since the name of the planet is Rexias 4, that signifies that it is the fourth planet of the Rexias system.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

No, since the name of the planet is Rexias 4, that signifies that it is the fourth planet of the Rexias system.

Yavin 4 is the fourth Moon of the gas giant Yavin, so Rexias 4 could be the fourth Moon of the planet Rexias, rather than the fourth fervest body from the rexias sun (e.g. Vega I, II, III ...). Rexias dosent even need to be a planet/moon, it could easily be part of a meteor or asteroid group or the fourth object identified by someone named Rexias, an example of this kind of naming would be Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline Droid803

They just made a random name for the tech description...
(´・ω・`)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Rexias 4?

The Roman numbering system arose with the very first discovery of natural satellites other than Earth's Moon: Galileo referred to the Galilean moons as I through IV (counting from Jupiter outward), in part to spite his rival Simon Marius, who had proposed the names now adopted. Similar numbering schemes naturally arose with the discovery of moons around Saturn and Mars. Although the numbers initially designated the moons in orbital sequence, new discoveries soon failed to conform with this scheme (e.g. "Jupiter V" is Amalthea, which orbits closer to Jupiter than does Io). The unstated convention then became, at the close of the 19th century, that the numbers more or less reflected the order of discovery, except for prior historical exceptions (see the Timeline of discovery of Solar System planets and their natural satellites). The convention has been extended to natural satellites of minor planets, such as "(87) Sylvia I Romulus".

source

Therefore I would say that the battle was fought over the fourth moon of the planet Rexias, in some unnamed system. It's not a stretch to imagine the GTA Xenocartographical Association giving names to all the planets of all the systems, but there's probably not enough motivation to name all the moons of all the planets of all the systems.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Droid803

Well, "Rexias" sounds made up.
(´・ω・`)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
It sounds like a dog's name.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

By that logic, Deneb should be named Cygnus, as Cygnus Prime denotes the first planet in the Cygnus system. :P

Spoiler:
Or we could just roll with it being a strangely named planet or just the fourth moon of Rexias or we could just drop the subject as silly errors by :v:

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Agreed. Btw mech, where have you been lately? I haven't seen you on SC for a month

Offline Droid803

So...what happened to the model?
(´・ω・`)