Author Topic: Neo-Terra Victorious  (Read 10153 times)

Originally posted by Vortex:
That would sound except for the fact that you have to explain how in the world Bosch managed to convince the Shivans to go on our side when it's clearly obvious that they are far more superior.

I got an idea: Bosch's research team design a method to mass-produce missile based upon the meson warhead. I guess even a Sathanas would think twice before going through heavy meson fire

More seriously, there are lot of things we don't know about the shivans, and their motives. so you can imagine many reasons for them to make an alliance with bosch! (until the release of freespace 3- no, i'm just kidding!)

But just remember that if the shivans really did want to prevent GTVA to detonate the bastion, they would have send 3 or 4 sathanas, and you would never have succeed "clash of the titans 2"

Don't kid yourself. We're the ones being hunted

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
this is good idea for campaing

------------------
COMMANDER
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule

Originally posted by grayswandir:
I got an idea: Bosch's research team design a method to mass-produce missile based upon the meson warhead. I guess even a Sathanas would think twice before going through heavy meson fire

More seriously, there are lot of things we don't know about the shivans, and their motives. so you can imagine many reasons for them to make an alliance with bosch! (until the release of freespace 3- no, i'm just kidding!)

But just remember that if the shivans really did want to prevent GTVA to detonate the bastion, they would have send 3 or 4 sathanas, and you would never have succeed "clash of the titans 2"

Agreed  
That might make for a VERY interesting campaign, if the NTF developed serious Meson weaponry that could be used effectively. I for one would definitely play it, and I think a lot of other people would too. As for the NTF winning the civil war completely, I think only something like Meson weaponry would change the tide of the war. That might be really cool, though, if you could see Meson beams maybe? Kind of like MT's electrobeams. If anyone out there is giving this a thought, I say go for it!

------------------
"Very few of life's problems cannot be solved with high explosives." - Navy SEALs motto
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
There's actually a campaign in development with meson beams. GTD Golgotha- anyone here know where it is?

------------------
"An evil mind is a constant comfort."
Revisit the Great War at The Freespace-Freespace 2 Port Project
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor:
There's actually a campaign in development with meson beams. GTD Golgotha- anyone here know where it is?

Yup  
Black Water Operations has the Golgotha...finding hyperlink now
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Or, what if say Alpha 1 joined the NTF instead of the GTVA?

I mean c'mon we all know that without Alpha 1, the GTVA wouldve lost the war ( ) and with him on the side of the NTF, thinks would be much different.

I dunno, if I did this I don't think I'd state a particular reason..maybe some GTVA admiral fouled up, made a different decision..however it was, the times changed  
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Here's a couple more what ifs for you:

What if the Muslims had won the battle of Tours in 732?

What if the Celts had managed to repulse the Roman invaders?

What if those torpedos that hit the Lusitania, bringing the U.S. into World War I, had missed?
For that matter, what if the U.S. had been on the side of Germany?

Just some things to think about  
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
i think now would be a good time to point out, Meson based wareheads are not designed to be conventional weapons.  Say you shot the missile from a safe distance, some 3000 meters from you target? what are the chances that the enemy wont intercept it before it hits? the target will take some damage, but the blast would kill you and everything else within a 3000 meter radius.  If you fired much closer, so the enemy couldnt intercept it, then you'd never escape the blast.  Think about it, if you had bombers carrying these warheads, one goes down and you have a chain reaction, one sets off another.  That is why meson based warheads will never be practical for conventional use.

------------------
158th Banshee Squadron http://3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/  
Into the Night Campaign http://3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/itn/

Originally posted by LtNarol:
i think now would be a good time to point out, Meson based wareheads are not designed to be conventional weapons.  Say you shot the missile from a safe distance, some 3000 meters from you target? what are the chances that the enemy wont intercept it before it hits? the target will take some damage, but the blast would kill you and everything else within a 3000 meter radius.  If you fired much closer, so the enemy couldnt intercept it, then you'd never escape the blast.  Think about it, if you had bombers carrying these warheads, one goes down and you have a chain reaction, one sets off another.  That is why meson based warheads will never be practical for conventional use.

We're talking about a new weapon, right? So what about a meson warhead that does lot of damage in a small radius? This weapon would be designed in such way that it concentrates all its energy in a 100 or 200 meter radius sphere and destroys all within it.
Such kind of weapon disrupts subspace fields (destroys nodes!) So it might disable jump drives for a short time...
and maybe get through the lucifer's shield!

Designing such a bomb in freespace has a disadvantage: it negates the usefulness of cruisers/corvettes/destroyers! They would be too easily destroyed by MUCH easier to produce ships!
Anyone has an idea (maybe the meson beam...or a shivan-mind control device based on etak project?)
Don't kid yourself. We're the ones being hunted

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
Sure I'd Fred for ya.(Sorry for taking a while)
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
I'm done with the Surrender Belisarius.  If you want it, I'll give it to you.  The only thing you'll have to do is patch up the command briefing with the right names and stuff.
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
If you're talking to me, I'll take it and work on it a bit, but keep in mind this is an "in my spare time" thing that will probably never be completed..maybe a mini-campaign of ten missions would be it. The mods are all speculative except for the ugly NTF fighter - I've found it, it was the "GRF Capson" on the Temporal Mechanics site, I think. Anyways, maybe we can work something out. My ICQ number is 143950768 - my email is [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Alikchi (edited 02-10-2002).]
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)

The NTF Gryphon, a super fast, low maneuverability bomber-intercept fighter. Once of the fastest fighters ever, and a mainstay of the NTF fleet.

It needs POF data, texturing, and maybe resizing - none of which I know how to do. If anyone felt like volunteering, I'd be very much obliged.

[This message has been edited by Alikchi (edited 02-10-2002).]
- Sarah Vowell

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
you cant concentrate an antimater reaction, its physically impossible, so no matter how much you concentrated it, in order for it to do more damage than a helios, then it would also do more splash damage.

------------------
158th Banshee Squadron http://3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/  
Into the Night Campaign http://3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/the158th/itn/

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
For gameplay reasons, it may be an idea to give it a small radius  
Got Ether?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Originally posted by Alikchi:
The Vasudans are deported, shipped away to some faraway colony.

Sorta like the Jews in WW2, or at least how the people saw it. For an interesting potential twist, go rent the movie 'Fatherland', about whatg would have happened if the Nazis had won WW2, and apply it to FS2.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)

Originally posted by Black Wolf:
Sorta like the Jews in WW2.

Exactly, although they aren't going to be slaughtered as the Jewish people were - merely sent away to a harsh enviroment. I'm basing the whole story curve around a mix of the Civil War and World War II..should be interesting.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Here's the NTF Trika, a standoff fighter-bomber (look to the top for the description). Okay, I just want everyone to know  that I am not making these models myself - they are slightly edited models from Total Annihilation. I don't claim credit in any way. The Trika is the Arm Liche nuclear bomber, and the Gryphon is the Arm..Gryphon.  
Anyways, here you go.

- Sarah Vowell

Offline TheVirtu

• Firedancer
    • http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
You should start the campaign by making up the event at where the 6th Fleet defected to form the NTF, you'd be there.

------------------
Head of the Coming Beyond Campaign for FS2.
Thirteen years after Capella, beginning in Tau Sigma, aboard the GTD Messana... A deadly alliance of races appears for the reason of the destruction of the GTVA as we know it. Can you stop the coming of Beyond?
Project Leader of the Ascension of Beyond Campaign
"There was a time of peace, this time is over, peace will be paid for in blood."
Site Director of the Auto Assault Outpost- http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Site Director of the Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace
Former Webmaster of i82.co.uk - Shut Down 2/12/03
"If HLP wants your developing, they'll promote you to Senior Engineer, now shutup and focus!" - Shi
Think of the Coke machines! What did they ever do to you![/b]