Author Topic: What do the Ancients look like?  (Read 3192 times)

What do the Ancients look like?
has anyone seen what the Ancients look like? I mean... i've never seen one... i'd assume they'd have long gray hair, red eyes, and a vertical 3rd eye on their forehead... i think that'd look kewl. :)
"I swear, if I get caught in some little nook or some little crannie the next time that ship jumps to warp, I'll kill something." - Me, ten seconds after being caught infront of the fighter bay of an orion.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
By all accounts they look suspiciously like space-dust.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Or just dust.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You know, I swear I saw a picture of an Ancient. It looked like the xenomorph from Alien, only more fleshy, with a Klingon-style ribbed forehead, and green.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Drugs + Sci-fi = Bad, M'kay.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The scary part is that I got how I am today without the use of mind altering drugs.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Me too. I got how I am from sitting in a dark, quiet, small, cold room for hours on end banging my head on the wall trying to make as loud a 'thwack' as I could..........No, really, I did.

How about they look like the Asgaurd? (anyone who likes SG-1 like i do will know who they are) hehe. Alien Greys, Address Area 51, Groom lake, Nevada to all you others. :)
"I swear, if I get caught in some little nook or some little crannie the next time that ship jumps to warp, I'll kill something." - Me, ten seconds after being caught infront of the fighter bay of an orion.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
You know, I swear I saw a picture of an Ancient. It looked like the xenomorph from Alien, only more fleshy, with a Klingon-style ribbed forehead, and green.

Yes, I've seen this pic too, actually. Anyway, it was just a pic made by a modder, nothing else.
SCREW CANON!

Offline untouchable

• Fear the DA...
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/da
They look like this::nod:

:D;):D
"The Darkness shall  befall us all."
-Commander William Wright

"Violence is merely the means of the incompotent"
-Felix Steighner
----------------------
The Darkness is Coming

Untouchable has spoken :D

Now i know why the Shivans killed the Ancients. :snipe:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
LOL:D:D

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
ahh, I rember that pic :wink:
oh well, Im still slightly laughing, I could just see one of those things poping up on your hud :lol:
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline untouchable

• Fear the DA...
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/da
Originally posted by Dr.Zer0
I could just see one of those things poping up on your hud :lol:
DIE OSAMA!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D
"The Darkness shall  befall us all."
-Commander William Wright

"Violence is merely the means of the incompotent"
-Felix Steighner
----------------------
The Darkness is Coming

Untouchable has spoken :D

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
Originally posted by untouchable
DIE OSAMA!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D

try some of my weapons agensed it :snipe:
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Interesting, Ancients all look like Osama Bin Laden, so all the Ancients craft look like rocks?

Offline diamondgeezer

Nah, the Ancients flew about on magic carpets, natch

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
How about we lay off the Osama-bashing, eh? :no:

As for the Ancients... no flipping clue. Maybe they're beings of formed energy who appear like deities... :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

You too???? I think they were red or something like that.(maybe its just my vision) it could be black and white. but they didn't have tail .
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth