Author Topic: Anyone else remember Jurassic Bugpasser?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Anyone else remember Jurassic Bugpasser?
I am sure there must be people here who played this incredibly "ahead of it's time" video game?

Here's a nice resume for how it fell apart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6A3SaRr26M
And an opinionated playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDK6Q2v8HPg&feature=channel&list=UL

Offline Davros

Re: Anyone else remember Jurassic Bugpasser?
I remember it, still have nightmares about the extensible arm ;)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I don't think I've ever so much as heard of this game, though the "boobie tattoo as health meter" feature does ring a bell.  Jeez, though...watching those videos makes the flying tigers in Skyrim seem mundane. :p

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I do recall reading a review about this game in a magazine years ago but I was never quite aware at the story behind it. But thanks to those video links, now I am.
What I actually find more interesting than all the physics and stuff is the way the player character keeps track of the ammo. No hud or anything,  just her counting or giving a general idea how much ammo is left. Also, the boob health tattoo is genius  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I think the thing that impressed me the most about the LP was the scale of the environment, and of how impressive it really was considering the technology of the time. Sure the models or textures were not impressive by today's standards, but then, my standards may not be all that high regardless. :p The genuine attempt at getting the physics to work was also very impressive. I guess in the and, Trespasser is a perfect example of what professional studios and publishers can achieve and simultaneously fail at.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke