Author Topic: 3d models in armament select screen not working.  (Read 541 times)

Offline antsa

3d models in armament select screen not working.
Hello,

I installed FSO fresh from Knossos and everything seems to be working correctly except 3d-models for weapons and ships in the loadout screen.

global commandline shows: "-ship_choice_3d -weapon_choice_3d", no joy.

Tested also inputing command line to mod specific custom flags, no joy either.

3d models seem to be only working on BP correctly, tested this on port upgrade and fs2.

Thoughts?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: 3d models in armament select screen not working.
In FSO 23.0+ the option to enable 3D in the Ship and Weapon Loadout-screen is no longer governed by command line flags but through gamesettings.tbl (or a -mod.tbm) on a per mod basis. If I remember correctly this is meant to support an upcoming overhaul of the UI.

That the command line appears to work for BP can have two reasons: 1) BP is, by design, using a build older than FSO 23.0. 2) BP has the requisite table settings.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline antsa

Re: 3d models in armament select screen not working.
Thank you for the answer.

Will be waiting patiently for the new UI, cheers!