Author Topic: Sekhmet [RELEASED]  (Read 36845 times)

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Nevertheless, I still think it's good to offer some back-compatibility to users who cannot use p3d, even though we are in the minority.
I agree, I use to not be able to use p3d in my old notebook and it was frustrating. That's why I posted pictures and I'll keep posting them for every update. :)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If we ever get p3d embedding working, then it displays a screenshot as well, if p3d won't actually run. Quite useful.

But we've somewhat gotten off topic. The Sekhmet is looking great. I don't have any useful feedback for what you asked for though...
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Took a look at the model in p3d.
In general, I actually like what you did there. My only gripe would be that, they look like a serrated blade when viewed from the side. Think that rounding up that a bit, like what you have on the inner side, would make it look better.

And on second inspection, I think that the missile bays could use some rounding on the top and bottom.

(images below to illustrate what I mean)

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I would actually round the spikes the other way to look more like the Nephlim HTL we have.

Seen here.

Or if it loads...

It's spikes look more like a saw blade.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I love the sawtooth look on the engine pods, but I think you should make the teeth face the other way, with the slanted side facing the front. That way it can cut through space better. With the way it is now, the ship's just going to get snagged.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Thanks guys! I got an idea reading those replies. But it's Diaspora time now, so modeling will have to wait... :nod:

I love the sawtooth look on the engine pods, but I think you should make the teeth face the other way, with the slanted side facing the front. That way it can cut through space better. With the way it is now, the ship's just going to get snagged.

Well, actually that was the first thing I tried. It made that area not too interesting. With the teeth facing forward, I feel it stands out better.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
That way it can cut through space better. With the way it is now, the ship's just going to get snagged.

Not sure if making jabbing reference to FS space physics...

...or simply with regards to atmospheric ship design.

R

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
What about this?

http://p3d.in/DpCK9

I see it as a mix of the HTL Nephilim's spikes and the Serapis' engine pod.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:31:04 am by The Dagger »

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Personaly, I don't think it fits. Too vasudan and not enough shivan :\

EDIT: you are clearly feeling stuck with that zone, why don't you move to the other areas, and then revisit this zone with a fresh mind? :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:18:05 pm by Raven2001 »
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
le wut.

I think that looks pretty sweet! :yes:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I also felt the paneling looked a bit out of place. The geometry just contrasts a good deal with the more angular geometry of the weapons pods.

Granted, I like the paneling, but I am not sure it fits. I do feel bad about not being able to give a more constructive critique at this time (such as a drawing), but sometimes the muse is not willing.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I actually like the panels a lot; Shivan influences aside, it is a Vasudan bomber design after all.

R

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Nicely done, I too like the new panels.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
So, my goal is to have this one ready to texture for this week-end.  :nod:
http://p3d.in/DpCK9

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Good gravy, that is full of win!

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
sweet design! I am rather smitten by it  c:
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
My friggin goodness!! I'm mesmerized! I especially love the way you are dealing with the cockpits, it gives it a sort of shivanish, yet still vasudan vibe! :)

I also like the ribbing you applied to the top spike. I wonder how something like that would look like on the engine pods (the area you were strugling with)!

Raven is a god.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I never got the impression from the retail/enhanced retail .pof that the canopies were recessed. In fact, I'd say they're not. I'd strongly suggest reconsidering the design of the cockpits on those grounds.

...I do love those engines, however. :yes:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
how do you get an impression either way on how the cockpits should be? recessed glass looks good and makes sense for all kings of reasons.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Uhhh...

Probably because the canopies are not recessed like that on the retail model/texture?

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke