Author Topic: Sekhmet [RELEASED]  (Read 36850 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I can see them recessed. There's a darker area around the edge of the "glass" which could be a shadow from the tan metal being higher than the glass.

My point is that your interpretation of that blurry mess (and that is what we are discussing, interpretation) may not be the "right" interpretation. So be very careful when you start stating your interpretations and ideas based on the original as the only right ideas. Other people see, and have seen for many years, different things.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Uh, Thaeris... that's the FSPort reskin.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
man, I just took a bath 5 minutes ago.

dammit.
el hombre vicio...

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
My friggin goodness!! I'm mesmerized! I especially love the way you are dealing with the cockpits, it gives it a sort of shivanish, yet still vasudan vibe! :)

I also like the ribbing you applied to the top spike. I wonder how something like that would look like on the engine pods (the area you were strugling with)!

Yeah, I know that you think it's not Shivan enough, but sorry, I'll keep the pods as they are. The shapes are quite different (the pods sections is like a half cilinder and the other one is more like in diamond shape. That changes a lot. And to be honest, I worked a lot in the area in which the outher "wings" meet the pods, 'cause the geometry is quite tricky there and I don't want to touch it. Also, I like the way those engine look.

I never got the impression from the retail/enhanced retail .pof that the canopies were recessed. In fact, I'd say they're not. I'd strongly suggest reconsidering the design of the cockpits on those grounds.

...I do love those engines, however. :yes:

Well, I don't get the impression it's recessed in the original either but I tried the recessed look and I think it makes the ship feel more armored and it makes the bottom window look like a shivan thing... and I love how that looks. While I like to keep the model true to the original one, I won't make an exact copy of it...

man, I just took a bath 5 minutes ago.

dammit.

I'm sorry man.   :)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
 :eek:
Really awesome man, Looking at that model, I feel inspired to start learning to model! (seriously). Looks epic... :cool:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Really awesome man, Looking at that model, I feel inspired to start learning to model! (seriously). Looks epic... :cool:
I really hope you do! I had a hard time at first but once I started to get the basic stuff through practice, I never looked back.
I use Blender ('cause it's free), and I started with these tutorials: http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/getting-started/
If you're going with Blender, I can't stress this enough: KNOW YOUR SHORTCUTS. You want the interface working for you and not against you. It takes lots of patience at first, but it's worth it.  :yes:
And if you need some help getting started, send me a PM.  :)

Well, I don't get the impression it's recessed in the original either but I tried the recessed look and I think it makes the ship feel more armored and it makes the bottom window look like a shivan thing... and I love how that looks. While I like to keep the model true to the original one, I won't make an exact copy of it...

I don't think it was supposed to be recessed, but after staring at it for a while, I really like the recessed feel. It's more alien and armoured, which really suits a Vasudan ship.

Offline Crybertrance

I really hope you do! I had a hard time at first but once I started to get the basic stuff through practice, I never looked back.
I use Blender ('cause it's free), and I started with these tutorials: http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/getting-started/
If you're going with Blender, I can't stress this enough: KNOW YOUR SHORTCUTS. You want the interface working for you and not against you. It takes lots of patience at first, but it's worth it.  :yes:
And if you need some help getting started, send me a PM.  :)

Thanks man, I really appreciate having someone to help me!  :D I favourited the tutorials page and im gonna start as soon as I finish Black Mesa (I wont be able to concentrate fully on learning otherwise :P)

<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Model is almost ready... I have still to model both cockpits and some armor plates on the rear central fins...
http://p3d.in/DpCK9

That kicks ass!  :yes:
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Gorgeous.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
so much win together, I thought it was impossible.
el hombre vicio...

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I love that nose man. Shivan feel right there.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Crybertrance

Looking epic as always man! Good job!!

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Cool stuff! Nothing to point out!
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Model done!  :pimp:
http://p3d.in/DpCK9

I still have to UVmap it , but Oddgrim has kindly accepted to texture it :yes:
I can't wait for that.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Pure perfection!

R

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Damn impressive, I really don't know what to say.