Author Topic: Subject deleted.  (Read 74635 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Thursday multiplayer sessions
well, obivously the new ones are the one in the vp above  :)

Anybody got some time right now? For some reason, I want a play a few rounds now.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Shade

I do actually. I got back from work half an hour ago and right now I'm just procrastinating. Give me 5 minutes to get something to drink and I'll fire up TBP.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Vidmaster

okay, I am already hosting a game. Everybody who got some time plz join but be sure you download the multiplayer mission vp on the previous page or things might get buggy.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

the only thing we really need to take care of are these invisible game problems  :ick:

currently, many players have problems joining a game that was created when they were not in the lobby. The solution is often to try rehosting.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Unfortunately I don't think there is much we can do about that right now.  If it's not in the info at the top of the thread maybe IP can add it. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
currently, many players have problems joining a game that was created when they were not in the lobby. The solution is often to try rehosting.

The solution is to properly sort your routers out. I've yet to see a single case of this problem where the fault wasn't completely due to NAT and improper forwarding and nothing whatsoever to do with the net code.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Anyone using the new VP should redownload it.  People were reporting problems with corruption and the new one contains some fixes.  I changed it to a zip so you will need to extract it to your TBP folder. 

B5-M-MultiPack-1.zip
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

I put it into the MultiTutorial as well

Offline Shade

Speaking of invisible game problems, if you read this Vidmaster, your game is invisible.

[Edit] It's worse this time, reforming while I'm in the lobby does't help.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I will be bringing Pressies this Thursday.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

looking forward  ;7

Offline Vidmaster

I don't believe it, nobody is showing up :shaking:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Can't right now, but expect me next week as I'm now addicted to TBP.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Shade

It's not 8pm GMT until 5 minutes from now, so stop complaining :p If anyone else shows up, I can play for about an hour :)

RReady to play, I just had to see the football (soccer) matches first. Anyone still out there?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I don't believe it, nobody is showing up :shaking:

Kara and I were at the pub. But I expect we'll be online next Thursday.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

It's not 8pm GMT until 5 minutes from now, so stop complaining :p If anyone else shows up, I can play for about an hour :)

shade, you are an hour to late. You posted this at GMT9  :lol:

Offline Shade

No, I posted that at 9 BST, not GMT ;) It *is* confusing though, with the summer time changes and all.

Offline Vidmaster

does this mean I was an hour too early?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Yup. 'Parently
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.