Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48561 times)

Offline Mikes

You just seem to be annoyed at the fact that you have to grind in an MMO.  Horror of horrors.

:snickers: glad I peeked in here after all... thanks for confirming my reason/suspicion for not touching this game with a ten foot pole. ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:37:39 pm by Mikes »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It's true.  Then again, the mechanism for grinding is actually just playing the game for a while.  If you don't like the gameplay, you won't like the grind.  If you like the gameplay, you probably won't mind too much.

Well, I've learned to use the T110E5, and generally surviving a battle = getting cash, getting blown up = losing cash, mostly to resupply ammo.

I also have an M8A1 and a couple other lower Tier vehicles, and I must say it's a bit more fun in the low Tiers sometimes, because it ain't possible to blow stuff up as quickly in the E5, even though I have a rammer, vents and BiA, so it probably takes just a bit more than 8 seconds to reload.

Anyone else get the impression that high Tiers are a bit more static (and I'm not even counting Arty Parties)?

On the other hand the E5 didn't meet an opponent immune to its fire yet, and the M8A1 sometimes struggles, so the lower Tiers also have their problems.

As for US heavies vs mediums, the E5 has better armor and a slightly greater punch, while the Patton III reaches much higher speeds and has a quicker reload. All other differences are rather small, since the T110E5 is what an MBT would be if an MBT evolved from a heavy tank, and not from a medium.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline crizza

For those interested:
The british tanks have arrived...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Well, they should start arriving on the NA server starting in about four and a half hours, and finishing a little upwards of ten.  It'll be tomorrow before they're usable in a non-test server.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I did a couple rounds this morning, 100% british T1 games, were amusing.

looking forward to the sales and free premium this weekend

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Brits were fun on the test server despite the fact you couldn't get a game below tier 7, but it's been so long since I've been T1ing that I can't remember if they were just all this ****ty or the Brits' use of pre-WW1 guns is throwing me off.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I actually really like the pair of T2 lights on the Brit tree.  The T1 suffers from being a ****ing huge target at that tier, having paper for armor, and being fairly slow.  The Cruiser and A13 are both pretty decent, mostly because of the 40 mm Pom Pom.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
And here I went the heavy line with its collection of slightly-improved models of that tank. Whoops!

Actually the British T1 feels fastish compared to the other T1s. Slow loading speed and poor accuracy hold it and its immediate successor back from being broken, but at the knife-fighting ranges you get on many maps only one of those counts.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:23:26 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Truth.

The 40 mm Pom Pom is kinda broken, too.  It may "officially" have a lower rate of fire than the 2 pdr, and have lower pen, but at low tiers the ability to volley four shots in four seconds with pretty good pen and excellent damage is just absurd.  It works best at close range, but once it gets there, it's the equivalent of a French high tier heavy tank for all intents and purposes.  Huge burst damage, back up and reload, do it again.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
The BESA Machinegun is quite a lot of fun in lower tiers *PRRRRFFHHRRRRR*
Habeeb it...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
British tanks are interesting. Going for mediums ATM, but am not sure.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I also used this weekend's x5's to finally freeXP out of the god awful A-20 and now have a T-34, which with the 57mm from the t28 has become a very fun tank for me, good speed, some armour, and a quick shooting, good penetration gun, nicely distinct from the 10,5 cm HE-tossing Pz4.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I grinded the KV4 the whole weekend so that I was able to buy the ST-1 in the reduced prize.
At several occasions I did wonder why the F*** I was doing it and almost lost my confidence, but I succeeded.

Though I must admit that on Sunday quite a lot of the matches were surprisingly fun. Which was nice.
Habeeb it...

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
You know, the Cruiser Mark V Covenanter was used as a training tank officially because of its engine having poor cooling and being unsuited for the desert. But I'm betting either it didn't have the 16mm frontal hull before that happened, or that had a lot to do with it.

A Feddie Story

Offline Patriot

I just dont understand who would engineer a tank with more side and rear armor than front armor, silly brits.

I suppose having to go through that dreg is worth getting the Crusader for, currently on A13, A10 and MkIII(ugh on that last one).

Had a nice match in me Wolverine, one-shotted a T-34 with an ammo rack asplosion, then proceeded to rape a Sherman in the butt while driving off a semi-cliff. even managed to make their arty dead when their heavy tanks finally noticed me and started pelting me with a salvo, one dead Wolverine later and we won the match anyways :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That tank is for driving around your target and filling it full of lead. That design is BRILLIANT for a fast, small tank.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline CKid

Well, I had one hell of a weekend on WoT. My clan leader was fortunate enough to get 3 sheriff accounts from War Gaming for the Shoot the Sheriff event for clan mates to use. Not only did I get to give out free gold, but I also got complete access to all Russian and German vehicles in the game with Gold camo. Unfortunately for the other players, getting gold from me was not a easy task.  ;7

Bonus pic of a T110E4 driving over me

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
A sheriff MAUS platoon?
OH GOD THE HORROR

Offline CKid

More like, OH GOD, THE TROLLING!
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong