Author Topic: Big Tachyon Fan plays StarMade  (Read 830 times)

Big Tachyon Fan plays StarMade
Hey folks, I once had the biggest faction on a server playing Starmade due to some intense urges to want to recreate some of the ships from Tachyon as effectively as possible while able to interact in a living breathing world where my creativity could flow and fill in the gaps. Right now the server was reset, and the game is still in development but here are some screenshots of what I have and had, and to what is likely the smallest scale that I could make the Poseidon. Although now there are 'slab' blocks available, once the angled slabs are out I will be able to make the ship look just a little more slim but that is the current state.

Not sure what the point of me creating this was, aside from wondering if anyone else would be interested in such a massive project of re-creating some of the beloved ships from the Tachyon universe in a voxel game to the best of ability. I had to go with the smallest scale possible with the Poseidon because other projects would simply become too massive, and it's only supposed to be a fighter (multi-role bomber) so I couldn't make it too large even though my first creation of it was indeed massive and my second envisioning was still too large if I wanted to make stations, carriers etc to scale. I've been wracking my own brain though of how much it sucks to be giving up smaller projects in the process, like the Mako, Pegasus, and likely even the Orion and Archangel as well as several mercenary ships that I wish I could somehow implement.

I of course am open to suggestions but I was very soon going to start a second attempt at the Olympus Starbase scaling off of this current Poseidon scale, as two blocks tall are about as big as a person so it is indeed the size of a small fighter even though the mass of the ship by official classification would deem it a 'corvette' or a 'cruiser' depending on the classifications I've been looking up as it falls around ~250 mass currently. I'm determined to make something that looks like the Poseidon and other projects fighters, drones and ships that are effectively staples in my fleet before creating the massive projects for them to dock in.

As I said, I am very open to suggestions on such a project and even more interested if you would be willing to participate in such an endeavor. Regardless thank you for your time and any feedback. =)

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]