Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

TAG-C revealed

(1/5) > >>

penguin:
I always wondered what the TAG-C missle was for - it doesn't appear in any missions, and no ships could carry it, IIRC.  In the weapons.tbl file, it has $Tag level 3.  (TAG-A and TAG-B missles both have tag level 2).

So I tweaked ships.tbl, created a mission and used it, but nothing happened, no TAG effect, no damage etc.

Today I looked at the code (file: Ship/ShipHit.cpp, lines 2335-2353), which says (edited for brevity):

--- Code: ---
if (weapon.tag_level == 1) {
    // do TAG level 1 stuff
} else if (weapon.tag_level == 2) {
    // do TAG level 2 stuff
} else {
    // do nothing
}

--- End code ---

hehe, guess that was one of those features that never made it into the released product, but never got taken out of all the files...  Looking forward to finding more :D
----
PS: I nominate April 28 as a new GTVA holiday: Freespace Liberation Day!

Bobboau:
make it do the SSM, I think that is what it was for, I havn't looked into it, but it should be fairly easy

LtNarol:
there are pofs for the fs1 support ships, but no entries in the tables for them.

vadar_1:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by LtNarol
there are pofs for the fs1 support ships, but no entries in the tables for them.
--- End quote ---

Because they never cleaned out the old models...

As for the TAG-C Thing.... It really should tag, if you look at the weapons table.

penguin:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by vadar_1

As for the TAG-C Thing.... It really should tag, if you look at the weapons table.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but the code does nothing if tag_level == 3 ... and that's what I saw in my mission.  The only tag levels that do anything are 1 (no weapons use this) and 2 (TAG-A and TAG-B).

Apparently it was supposed to be a "super tag," at least that's what the description implies, but it looks like it was never implemented -- so it never appears in a mission, but the weapons.tbl and the POF remained...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version